why is waverly a harable mentition

Guest Jay30

Do you mean district champs or something else? And I am assuming you mean honorable mention, but at what? State rankings? If you in fact mean honorable mention in the state rankings, I believe it would be because Waverly plays in a fairly weak district **this year** and had no "quality" wins outside of district. Plus they lost two to a terrible Cheatham Co team.

All of that mixed together means no respect from the voters. If Waverly had beaten the weak Cheatham Co team both times and split with Perry Co, no doubt in my mind they would be in the top 10. Fortunately its the way the world turns, win games and get ranked. Those losses hurt.

Tnvolfan, how can you call Cheatham Co. a weak team. Over the past couple of months this team has turned into a great team. Their defense is great and they are NOT a terrible team. They beat Waverly twice, and Waverly is a very good basketball team. Cheatham finished third in the district behind Waverly and Sycamore. Yeah, Cheatham might be 11-12, but they are still a good team. So come tournament team, Cheatham will be a team to watch out for as will Waverly.

Tnvolfan, it is apparent that you haven't seen Cheatham Co. play this year. This is not the same team as last year. A new coach and new team attitude has turned things around in Cheatham Co. Thier record does not reflect what type of AA team they are. They played Clarksville NW twice, Gallatin, Clarksville High, Beech, and gave most of these teams all they wanted for most of the game. But I am sure you have now added to thier bulletin board material that might help them continue thier motivated play throughout the district tournament. If given the opportunity, tnvolfan, you should catch a game. They make the game ugly but find ways to pester opposing teams and fight the entire game. You definetly get your $ worth.