Westmorlands Unsportsmanship!!

Guest blondehottie

In the postseason, it doesn't matter if you win by a point or by 75 like Shelbyville did last night. All that matters is that you win. Westmoreland obviously did that. Most teams aren't going to play seven great games to get to a state tournament. There's usually an off game or two that one usually has to pull through. Westmoreland did that. RBS played well from what I hear. Congratulations on going out swinging. I hear that you are fairly young, so you should be pretty good the next couple of years.

Westmoreland obviously struggles with being in that 'favorite' role. They kind of build the lead and then play not to lose it seems like. So, maybe that will play into their hands Wednesday. The entire state says that Clarkrange is just going to destroy them. Maybe Westmoreland will take that as a challenge and not let everything they've worked so hard for get away from them because they're not playing their best basketball lately. Maybe since their finally being pushed, they'll opt to push back. I hope so, because if they do, it's going to be a great region semifinal. Hopefully, those Westmoreland girls will remember how tough it's been to stay focused every night in winning this many games and getting this far and remember how hard they worked lifting weights and running in the offseason to get themselves into this position. Making a state tournament is a very real possibility. But it will require playing with a lot of heart and staying composed in what I'm sure will be a very tough atmosphere.

Oh, and no disrespect is intended to Gordonsville, who still stands in the way of a Clarkrange-Westmoreland semifinal. I know Clarkrange is heavily favored, but it's high school basketball. So you just never know what might happen.

Good luck to both teams.

[Edited by eyeonu on 3-4-03 10:14A]

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our girls played good the second half, but we still did some things that beat us in the end. WEstmoreland played good, so don't get on here saying they didn't when you weren't even at the ballgame.

And as for you Ms. Black, what I was getting at was when you fouled out of the game on Saturday night you were very emotional and upset.(Even though your team was winning and did when the game.) So imagine if you fouled out of the last game of the year and your season was over. That is what I was getting at!!!

And as for you Westmoreland, tomorrow you will get a chance to play against the kind of competion we here in 7A compete with night in and night out, so welcome to reality.

Alright now, I am from RBS and I was not at the game, so I don't know what went on. Here are the facts I DO KNOW: Westmoreland won 39-36, RBS goes home, Westmoreland faces the winner of Clarkrange/Gordonsville. It's as simple as that. You can't say or do anything to change that. If I were complaining about Westmoreland's sportsmanship, wait a minute, I WOULD NOT be complaining about their sportsmanship. There is no sense in whining when there's nothing that can be done about it. And if I were Westmoreland, I wouldn't be worried about what happened last night because you won...I would be worried about winning the next game I was going to play whether it be Clarkrange or Gordonsville. And if it turns out to be Clarkrange, you had better come ready to play.

You're exactly right, I was not at the game. But why get on here and slander them when the season is over and you won't be playing them again this year? I wanted our girls to win just as bad as I'm sure you did, but they just came up short. I'm sure you didn't like it when people called us unclassy at RBS for our boys and girls showing school spirit during the districts, so I wouldn't call them unclassy or unsportsmanlike because it could come back to haunt you. Anyways, I am proud of you RBS girls, you played your hearts out and maybe you can go get them next year.

This is it and I am dropping it, but I don't have a problem with Westmoreland. I couldn't care less about what they say or do! Like I posted before, I wish more teams would come and cheer on their schools. I was only explaining why our girls were emotional.

Guest CHSdog

Okay, I saw Westmoreland play tonight. Granted, it was their boys, but I saw the fans that others were discussing. I say this EVERY time, so I'll say it again. Get mad if you will, but I'm sayin what I think. Even though someone may not spell something right, I also think it's childish to degrade(for lack of a better word)them for it. And even though the fans(student section) were not saying the players stunk, I still think it's bad to say that the refs stink. It's not exactly something you would say to get on their good side, but maybe that's just me. I'm all for cheering your team on, but I'm not exactly for mocking the other team and/or officials in the process.

you guys honestly didn't think i would pass up this wonderful opportunity to discuss the "unsportsmanship" of the westmoreland fans did you?? you dang right im unsportsmanlike and will continue to be as long as its fun!i will continue to yell at the players/refs as long as it gets under their skin and is funny...and none of you can honestly tell me you never have....oh yeah #20 hows it going you played great,i noticed you actually started making them when you were on the other side of the court!!hahaha its a shame that w-land playin tomorrow isn't it....just a cryin shame ;)

The refs will never call a perfect game, all i ask for is consistency and for the most part all season long, the refs have been fairly consistent, with one exception, when Lafayette beat RBS in the Nera Tourney, and that was probably thw worst called game that i have evr seen on any level of sports, but that is water under the bridge. Hollaring at the refs, will not get you favorable calls, but everyone does it(including me), think about it, if you had someone screaming in your ear every time you went down court would you give their team a boarderline call? Probably not. As for screaming at the opposing team and trying to degrade them or get under their skin(same thing), it is a sad day in high school athletics when you have to degrade a 16-18 year old kid, just to make yourself feel better, but if you choose to be that kind of person, so be it. Good Luck to all the Teams!!!!!

TNBBALLMAN....I couldnt have put it better! You have the greatest attitude about it all....

Now, to you Doc...usually I dont post things on here. But, I just thought I would point out how interesting it is that you are upset at Westmoreland's fans for talking about RBS players and then you get on the INTERNET and do the same ('Miss Black'). Hmmm...that is...interesting.

As for the Clarkrange game with Westmoreland...like I said, I am with TNBballlman. Clarkrange hasnt beat Gordonsville yet. And if they do, WHS will play them. But you know what the difference is between Clarkrange and WHS? I havent seen one single WHS person get on here and run their mouth about Clarkrange 'going down.' And do you know why? Becuase if they lose, at least they know they didnt make fools of themselves on here. I would watch it if I were you. Pride comes before a fall. Our girls are there to win, and they wont go down without a fight. That is a promise.