BEST FOOTBALL MOVIE EVER...

smally02

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PapaSmurf

i think that there is a tie between two movies that should be high on the list. the program is a pretty good movie, but i think the number one football movie of all time should have to be "THE LONGEST YARD" with Birt Reynolds in it.

Rudy is my pick for the best football movie ever, but does anyone remember Johnny Be Good? It wasn't a great movie but it was pretty entertaining. I would have to say that Any Given Sunday is the worst movie of any kind I have ever seen. What was the deal with the guy's eyeball coming out, nerve and all!? How stupid can you get.

Guest proballer72

defend76, you are correct, sir. the program gives an insane unreal edge to all the aspects of the game. it makes me want to fight or lift or have sex or even play football.

CoachDG, you are correct! It is the best football movie ever! I watched it just again for the 10th time just week! I think it is far better than any other football movie ever made! Rudy is the only other one that comes close; although, I loved the movie with Dennis Quaid, Everybody;s All American. All of these movies were based on true stories!

CoachDG, I think most of us who coach the game have a very healthy respect for these types of movies that reflect the courage of the American spirit. They are so much better than movies like Varsity Blues that represent all that is bad about our sport. Remember The Titans and Rudy show the best of the HUMAN SPIRIT and the desire to overcome all odds to become a winner!