Tyler Smith for AA Mr. Basketball

krogers

Has anyone checked out the finalist for Mr. Basketball. Giles County's own Tyler Smith is a finalist. If anyone has not seen this kid play, it is definately worth the price of admission. He puts on a show every night. Most people will argue that Brian Fisk should win it, because he is a senior, but this kid deserves the award as much as anybody. Everyone let me know who you are pulling for. My vote goes w/ Tyler aka. BIRDMAN

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dcsportsfan

Tyler Smith may be exciting to watch but does he have the all around game that Fisk does? Brian Fisk can light up the three..take it the hoop...post up and his defense is unbelievable. (I would be curious to know how many steals he has this year) he is strong and quick ....Smith is very good from all indications...but I have to say he would have to be spectacular to legimately be chosen Mr. Basketball over Brian Fisk...BEST OF LUCK BRIAN!

That was an excellent post on the other thread. Dcsportsfan, from my understanding, Fisk is an awesome player and would deserve this award also, but comparing his steals to Fisk, is not fair. Tyler is a 6'7 post player who occasionally moves to the wing. He has several steals, but his blocked shots, assists, and all around team play is what makes this kid so special. He is truely amazing to be 16 yrs. old. Anyone who has seen this kid play knows how good he is and how good he is going to be. I want to wish both of them the best of luck. Tyler has played his heart out, as I am sure Brian has. I hope to see you guys in the 'BORO'!

I have had the pleasure of seeing both of these young men play. Right now, Brian Fisk is the best of the two. Mainly because he can do it all. Defense and Offense. By the time Tyler is a senior he will be the best, but not now. Tyler is headed for greatness. If he moves on next year he will be probably placed on the wing. And needs to work on his three point shooting. I would love to have both of these young men on our team.

This is such a tough decision at hand. First, though, Tyler is not 6'7. I am 6'7, and Tyler is not that close at all to my height (he's probably about 6'6 with shoes, 6'5 w/o). Besides that little error....

Tyler is an amazing talent! Period. The fact he is only a soph is scary. He will win the next two Mr Basketball awards. He will play High Major ball....

But.....................................................

For this year, Brian is the better candidate, and should win Mr Basketball. Brian has a better all around game, and is much better defensively. Brian can do it all, period. Brian passes, shoots the heck out of it, penetrates, defends, and is the ultimate leader.... This one goes to Brian.......

Also, it was a near travesty last year in AA, where a soph (as good as he is) beat out the much more qualified candidate in Derrick Byars, who CLEARLY deserved the award. So I don't think they will make a mistake like that this year....

Gomab2, that was a heck of a post. Excuse my language. If Brian is the complete player, then he should win it hands down. Tyler does have two more years, in which he will most definately win the award. This young man truely amazing. Gomab2, it is truly amazing that this young man has earned enough respect and admiration to be considered one of TN' top high school players, and he is only a SOPHMORE. I just hope, GC an DC can meet either on the road to the 'BORO' or in the 'BORO'. This way, we can watch these two very talented young men prove to the state who is the best player in AA. Best of luck to both of these guys.

He is only pulling for Brian because he got to coach him! He started a thread for Brian and Wadale. He congratulated both of them but could not mention ANY of the others. He and I can't see eye to eye on this because he JUST WANT ADMIT HE IS BIASED! But it's cool because if he picks Mr. Basketball like he picks winners on the big ones contest Tyler will win hands down! :o