??HOW DO I GET A SCHOLARSHIP??

jchs04

Does anybody know if you can get a scholarship if you don't play on a high school team? My school doesn't have a team and my principle called the closest school(Cookeville High) and their principle won't call mine back even though the coaches tell me they want me to play for them? I play for the U-18 Cookeville United club team but I don't know if college coaches go to those games or not. If anybody knows how I can try to get colleges to notice me, please let me know. A lot of people have told me I have what it takes, it's just a matter of being seen.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a rule that if your school has a contract with a nearbye county or can get a contract, from which you don't have a specific sports team, then they are suppose to let you try out. They had a guy from Celina, I think, who played for Cookeville boys because Celina's school didn't have a school team. So, if I could get a contract with Cookeville, then I should be able to play, but their principle won't get back in touch with mine. How can I get a hold of Rex Ledbetter?

Posted by jchs04:

There is a rule that if your school has a contract with a nearbye county or can get a contract, from which you don't have a specific sports team, then they are suppose to let you try out. They had a guy from Celina, I think, who played for Cookeville boys because Celina's school didn't have a school team. So, if I could get a contract with Cookeville, then I should be able to play, but their principle won't get back in touch with mine. How can I get a hold of Rex Ledbetter?

You can call the Cookeville High School, Rex is the athletic director, he would be the one to proablly do it, not the principal. Call the school anytime after March 24 cause we are on spring break, the number is 520-2287, adn just ask for him

It would mean more to a college coach if you sent the letters and emails yourself.Tell colleges your interested in their program,and ask for a questionaire,theyd be happy to provide one.Exposure is VERY important and if your travel team doesnt offer that,you may want to consider finding a team that does.If your a senior,your a little late on the recruiting process,but they can talk to you,so thats good.Dont send the video until you recieve a questionaire,and make sure the video only shows the good points.

-The thing about not being able to play at another school,if your school does not offer the sport,than you can play at the closest school that does.

hope this helps.Good luck

Thanks everybody!! You have all been a big help. One last question, if I send a letter/email, what all do I need to include. Like my name, address, phone number, grade, and just the fact that I'm interested in playing for them or is their anything else I should include. I'm going to be a senior next year, so maybe I'm not to late yet. hey mchsballer, do you know if my school needs to talk to their athletic director or their principle to get a contract??