National Ranking

Travelerboy4

if ya'll wanna see how these players stack up in the nation go to theinsidershoops.com, and find the word prospects click on it and go to 2005, then count the top ten players on GoMab's list then count some of the other players from TN that are on there. You won't see any Delk twins.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rankings either. Fact is it is Gomab's list to do as he pleases. He is wrong in this case, Smith is not only the best prospect in TN he is one of the best in the country. Every coach in America would offer him today. Gomab wanted to get a little rise out of his list and he got it.

The Delk twins both made All-State, just so you know, along with Tyler, Jamont, Charles Little, Cromwell, and Al Harris as the only sophs to do so...

As for National Rankings, Corey Brewer was not ranked on one sight nationwide at this time last year, and you see what type of prospect he is now...

Trey Pearson was not ranked on one site until he was a senior, and I never saw him ranked higher than the 180's or so, yet you see him starting at PG for a High Major as a Fr...

Duriel Temple of Melrose was ranked higher than Tyler on many national sights just a year ago, so does that mean that Temple should be the #1 soph in Tn???

I am not basing anything on national rankings. The fact is, that today as a prospect Tyler Smith would be offered by EVERY coach in America. He is by far the top prospect in the state of TN. I also have friends in the coaching ranks, so when you get a chance call Calipari, Buzz, Gottfried and Stallings and ask them who the top prospect in the state is. Also, as you speak with them ask if any would be interested in offering the Delks a sholarship, my guess is that only one of them will even be offered at a major level. The list is gomabs, and I appreciate his effort, but the majority of the people on here know that he missed this one, no big deal.

Also, could you please show me where the Delk twins both made All-State.

Both Delks are legit High Majors, and both will have a plethora of Scholarship offers from that level before it's all said and done... Again, look at Corey Brewer at the same age as the Delks... Look at how little attention Pearson recieved... Look at Justin Flatt, who is now at NC State, and how little attention he recieved until the summer before his Sr season...

As for the Delks All State...

http://www.coacht.com/story.cfm?doc=6573

Before you say I missed the ball on this one, go watch the Delks play, and you tell me what kind of potential they have for the next level as 6'5/6'6 Combo-guards...

they have potential. A pretty good amount of it as well. Tyler Smith has more than potential as a sophomore. He is ready to play college basketball tomorrow. It is your ranking, your opinion, but as a prospect today, status quo, Tyler Smith is head and shoulders above the Delks. You keep referencing past players and also Brewer who is a SR to be, well we are talking about ranking the sophomores. Today, as prospects, the Delks are not considered by Div I major powers (North Carolina, Duke, Arizona, etc.), they may be next season but not right now. Not only is Tyler expected to play for a major program, many college coaches believe that should he continue to develop he may have an opportunity to go straight to the league. He is not there yet but that is his potential.

As far as the other players you continue to mention, none had any where close to the game Tyler has when they were 16 years old.

But as I said earlier, I appreciate the time you put into ranking players, you missed this one. It is my opinion that you did so because of all the publicity Tyler has brought to this site and for whatever reason you feel the need to put this kid down as much as you can. He is not your favorite player in the state and that is fine with me. The majority of the board realize that you missed this one and it is my opinion that it has hurt your credibility when ranking players.

All-State selection don't give me honorable mention. That does not qualify. Not only did they not make All-State, they did not make it in the Writers Association for each classification.

The Delks have potential to be very good players, and one of them may very well get an SEC type scholarship. Let me rephrase, they are good players now and one of them will indeed get an SEC scholarship, but neither will be offered by a powerhouse program. The only shot they have at a powerhouse is Kentucky for obvious reasons, and should one of them end up a Wildcat it will suprise me to see him get any court time while he is there. I hope I am wrong and each Delk kid goes on to greater things, but simply put, they do not have the same potential as the Smith kid.

Pulaski, now you're waaaaay off...

"many college coaches believe that should he continue to develop he may have an opportunity to go straight to the league"--who says this garbage??? No one with any sense needs to be filling this talented young man with these thoughts...

I am a huge Tyler fan! I think he is going to be an outstanding college player at a High level of ball. It is no know, whether you like to think so or not, to have Tyler as the #3 Soph in the state. Again, take your pick of the Delks, Tyler, Cromwell, Prince, or Gordon, and you can't go wrong...

You obviously have not even seen Richard and Reginald play. Until you have seen them play, it is completely useless to discuss this topic, since you have no depth in the discussion...

play, they do not have the game at their current age as Tyler. I'm not trying to slight you in any way. My guess is that neither will start for your AAU team. You simply missed this one, whether on purpose or not in your rankings and because of it you lost credibility.

There are college coaches, at the SEC level, that believe he is as good a prospect to ever come through the state of TN, as a sophomore. Ask them if you do not believe me. There are college coaches that believe SHOULD HE CONTINUE TO DEVELOP, he may have a shot going directly to the league. Ask them if you do not believe me. Not saying he will but he simply has abilities as a 16 year old that many have never seen before. If he continues to grow, gets in the 6'10 range, stays injury free, he has the game, the body and the attitude to make the jump.

Whether he gets the big head or not remains to be seen, but quite simply he is the most talented sophomore to ever, and yes I said ever, grace the hardwoods in Tennessee.

6'10??? We're talking about a 6'5/6'6 rising junior with a great, D-1 ready body... AGain, I love Tyler's game, but let's slow down on the NBA talk...

As for the Delks, they simply have a higher level of skill right now than Tyler, though nowhere near the body of Tyler, as they have Great perimeter skills and outside shots; if you'd seen the Delks play, then this would be obvious... Tyler is an amazing prospect, no doubt, but so are the Delks, Jamont Gordon, RouSean Cromwell, and JP Prince, among others....

I think that's a pretty bold statement,saying this kid is the best sophomore ever in Tennessee.You have to consider some of the players that have come through here such as, Shawn Marion, Penny Hardaway, Ron Mercer, Tony Delk.Now your saying that Smith is better than all of these when they were sophomores, pretty hard to believe considering all of these are above average NBA players.