Hess @ Sparta

Guest big33

I just saw in the local paper that April Hickok and Brittney Farley have signed on to play at Roane State. This is great. I was always impressed by Hickok's play. It also shows that I didn't know what I was talking about when it came to Farley. My bad.

Further proof that I need to stay out of the evaluation and prediction business.

Good job girls! Good luck at Roane State!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see bench...they play not only in the toughest district in the state. But playing the four time defending state champion in AA is not a bad move on Hess and his staff. Is that such a bad game? :confused:

Jackson County is a start and I think it helped the girls, even though they lost. If you put Shelbyville on the schedule, the rivalry will return and also help White Co. It will show how much they need to work to get better and if they beat them a huge confidence booster. Having to play state champs from AAA and AA and gaining experience from those games will make the disrict 7AAA less stressful.You'll probably have White Co. being called 7AAA District champs.

Saw on the Shelbyville thread that Coach Insell has called

Hess every year about playing.If Hess won't play them,we

need to get another coach.

By the way,there were only three good teams in our disrict

White Co.,Cookeville,and Riverdale.Our record against these

teams was 1 and 5.

We need to set our sights high if we won't to go to the big

show.The talent at White Co.is second to none.

Not to sure on the truth to that one bench. I am sure if I Hess had the chance he would, that is how you measure your team and your coaching ability. On the thread are they saying they want to play at each teams home site? Is it a one time deal or what?

To Hess and his staff: Keep up the good work! It was a smart move to get Hacker back! If she would have transfered you could have written off the season!!

Spring training started this week and I thought you all would like to know how are team is stacking up for next year

There are only 13 girls trying out to be on the 2003-2004 team. Sunday,Lewis, King, Cole, Hacker, Agee, and Henry are all back and the upcoming sophomores are Shauna Haley, Molly McFadden, Tisha Kirby, Brandi West, Brooke Yates and Stacy Jolly.

Good Luck to all the girls and Coach Hess

Anyone know if Coach Hale is really retiring? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday 11 May 03, the White co. AAU team 17U qualified for the national tourney. July11-17 in Disney, Fla. With the exception of Gruber(Bledsoe Co.) and Burden(Baxter), all these girls are from White Co. The starters were Henry, King, Sunday, Cole, and Lewis. Agee was early off the bench. I know there are some 15s and 16s in there, but you can play up in AAU, but not down. :):D They have a newly graduated Jolly good coach. :( Get behind these ladies in their fund raisers: car washes, bake sales etc. B)

Edited by jimbo44