I'm going to Talladega

goldenboy

Posted by goldenboy:

Everybody has to watch the race in case they see me. lol Even though I have no clue where we're sitting or what I'll be wearing. Go Little E, hopefully he can make it 3 in a row there.

I will be there as well or I plan to be. I am keeping a watch on the weather if it looks like a lot of rain I may skip and hope its postponed I went a few years ago and ended up standing in a bathroom for about 3 hrs. in a thunderstorm and we didn't go back the next morning thinking it would be rained out again and just as they were about to go green it poured and we were lucky enough to go when they finally had it a couple of weeks later!

Posted by goldenboy:

I went last year and spent most of my time in or near the bathrooms too, not because of the rain though, because of the heat. I think it was on April 13th last year, a week later, and it was scorthcing. I can't wait though and I'm hoping it won't be too hot.

I don't have my tickets yet my friends that we go with have them can you tell me if their is any changes you know of as far as coolers, scanners & cameras are concerned or is it like last year?

Posted by goldenboy:

I loved the race today, We left with about 30 laps to do though so we wouldn't get caught up in the traffic, but it was great. Did you go Sequatchie?

No, My dad went with the friends we usually go with he said everything went smooth with parking and getting in-out as opposed to the past we set for I think 3 hours last year before we could get out of the fenced in area in front of the track so we will probably go back we have been going to the spring race for probably 7-8 years now.

If Nashville gets a cup race we drop going to Talladega!

Do you go on Saturday or Sunday Morning? Where we are we leave around 5am and eat breakfast in Ft. Payne and we still usually make it to our seats an hour to two hours before the race starts!

If you really want to enjoy the trip go on Thursday afternoon. Watch Qualifying on Friday, bush race and happy hour on saturday (used to even have the IROC race on saturday) Just be sure to bring your flip flops for the trips to the shower houses. 4 days in that Talladega heat and clay dirt and a person can get down right smelly.