NASCAR is a joke!

greenwheel

I'm a Little E fan but he's the only driver who could make that pass an not get black flagged.Do you think if Tony Stewart was making that pass he would have won the race?What about Sterling in Daytona trying to avoid a wreck but still gets black flagged.If NASCAR has a rule it needs to apply to all drivers.

Posted by dbrady:

I'm a Little E fan but he's the only driver who could make that pass an not get black flagged.Do you think if Tony Stewart was making that pass he would have won the race?What about Sterling in Daytona trying to avoid a wreck but still gets black flagged.If NASCAR has a rule it needs to apply to all drivers.

I am not the biggest Dale Jr. Fan but if you look at the replay real good he was already to the door before he went under the line! Plus he really had a big run on the car beside him.

Posted by dbrady:

He may have been to the door of Kenseth's car but he was still behind him and my understanding of the rule is you cannot pass below the yellow line and if he was behind him when he went below the yellow line and was ahead of him when he came back above the yellow line that's a pass.

If you are to the door that means you are in the process of passing! Earnhardt Jr. was at the bottom of the track and Kenseth & Johnson were racing at the top when Junior got the run with a push from E.Sadler. Kenseth came down to block but Junior was already two for ahead to get the block!

I know what your saying Sequatchie and I agree that he was in the process of passing before he went below the yellow line. I still say in the process of passing and making a complete pass are two diffrent things.I still feel if it had been another driver he would have been black flagged.If a driver can't go below the line to avoid a wreck then nobody should be allowed to drive below it at all.That takes all the guess work out of it.

I watched a show on speedvision(?) last night...and they said the rule is that you "can't improve your position by going below the line." I think Jr. did exactly that, and should have been black-flagged.

I think NASCAR should just end these controversies by getting rid of the line, anyway.

• 12 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...