Who will be the top contender for the 4A state cha

Scuba7

I say you can not totally count out Maryville because of their past sucess. I think they will be very good again,but I say look to region 8-4A. What about Melrose or Memphis East. Year in and year out both programs are very good. Don't be surprised to see one of them in Boro.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the consensus is that everyone despises schools that "theoretically" recruit. Why not despise the schools that legally recruit? I hope you coaches out there vote to get ALL the private schools in their own league! We will worry about those schools who "may" recruit at a laer date.

Guest shifty

Well "IF" and i mean a huge "IF" Clinton even makes it to the playoffs, one thing Catlett better do is check and make sure he has his butt pad in properly. Because if they are in the playoffs I think it would be a devastating blow for a coach to get kicked out of a ball game with the magnitude a playoff brings. Plus that would mean for two consecutive years he has been ousted in a game and that wont sit well with the Clinton clan. :rolleyes:

1footballfan, if ya like what I wrote, go to the post where I wrote, hit vote and give me a good mark! I gave you one for saying that you agree this has been an age-old problem in TN football, and to get you going, as you appear to be new by your amount of posts. Thanks! :rolleyes:

[Edited by Brandon100 on 4-10-03 3:26P]

Good post Brandon. It isn't only the Alcoa Alumnium company but Denso brought a lot of jobs to Blount County. Blount County is growing more and more everyday.Lot of good athletes in Blount County. Youth league programs are great in Blount County.

Maryville will compete for state titles as long as our coaching staff stays intact. I look for Cleveland,Central and Morristown West to be very good teams this year. On the other side of the state Melrose will be hard to handle. Hillsboro,Nashville Overton,Tullahoma,Memphis East and Ridgeway will be tough. It will be more wide open this year.

i wouldn't say week in and week out. if my memory is right i don't recall Maryville playing their second or third strings aginst Central last year. Those two programs are going to be the best in the state hands down. Maryville and Central have started a rivalry thats going to last for a long time. Good Luck to Both Programs!

It seems to me that everyone continues to forget about middle Tennessee 4a teams. I know that the only score that counts is the one at the end of the game, but, it seems to me that Maryville was given a run for their money in this year's title game. Look for some sleepers out of the midstate. And you always have to remember the 4a middle Tennessee powerhouses: Hillsboro, Nashville Overton, Pearl Cohn......

fact, defenses' win championships. fact, i would rather have a great defense than offense. fact, morristown west will have the best defense in the state, regardless of classification. fact, this gives morristown fans high hopes of winning a state championship and rightfully so. fact, morristown west has a better chance of winning a state championship than any other team in the state.

I have stated this many times on this board and I will

continue to state it as long as threads like these

are ongoing. Maryville is the favorite in 4A until

someone beats them in the play-offs.

Anyone who thinks they are going to drop off is either:

not being realistic, or is trying to make themselves

feel better.