14U boys substate in Knoxville

Yes, its going to be a lot of teams playing in the Eastern Sub State this coming weekend. I think there's 14 or more teams. But take AAUCOACH advice, make sure you email [email protected] to find out more information about this sub state tournament.

To take up for my owner, she's hoping to have the brackets out Monday or Tuesday. If she don't have an email address or a fax number for you, email her and give it to her. Things will be slow, but she'll be sure to make sure you have your brackets.

Things to keep in mind:

Bring your own warmup balls. Bring home and away jerseys. Home team will furnish the gameball. Make sure you have extra copies of BC's and a AAU rule book handy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are 12 teams in Knoxville sub-state. They are 3 teams in each pool. Tops Guns, Elite, Plainsmen in pool A--Jazz, Blaze, Lakers in pool B--Lightning, KAYA, All-Stars in pool C--Eagles, Cagers, Pacesetters in pool D. The games are played at Bearden Friday night starting at 6:00 pm and the last game that night is 9:45.

6:00 Jazz - Lakers

7:15 Lightning - KAYA

8:30 Eagles - Cagers

9:45 Top Guns - Plainsmen

Sat. at Bearden-- at Cedar Bluff

8:00 Blaze - Lakers--KAYA - All-stars

9:15 Top Guns - Elite--Eagles - Pacesetters

11:00 Jazz - Blaze--Lightning - All-stars

12:15 Elite - Plainsmens--Cagers - Pacesetters

Quarterfinals starts at 3:15 and Semifinals starts at 7:30.

Championship games are Sunday at Farragut Middle.

[Edited by pup434233 on 4-21-03 3:42P]

The finals for Sunday in the east sub state are the KAYA vs the winner of the knox lightening/ top gun winner. the top gun had a slim lead late not sure who won. the kaya spanked the nashville elite by 35 pts. they are clearly the most talented team in the east sub state. however the top gun play well together.

The top 2 teams are supposed to move on to the State Tournament.

To answer you question about the Eagles, they lost to the Lighting in Quaterfinals for a chance to play against the TOP GUN team in the Semi's. The Eagles and the Lighting went back and forth until the Lighting poured it on them in OT. The only thing you're going to hear from the Eagles fans and coaches is that, "One ref, lost the game for them" I must admitt, he wasn't the best but I have to give props to the Lighting because they weren't getting any calls but they pulled together and play as a team and let the refs called the game even if they didn't agree with his calls.

NO EXCUSES! The Eagles are a great team but 1 man can't win it all and that's basically what the Eagles had.

The Tri-Cities Eagles have an excellent team. Unfortunately against teh Lightning the big Kid #52 fouled out and the whole complexion of the game changed. The Lightning started pounding the ball inside and erased a 10 point deficit in the last two minutes to send the game to over time, in OT the Lightning pulled away to win.

SEMI-FINAL #1

KAYA vs. Nashville Elite

The Elite was smothered by the KAYA defense, the Elite made only 9 two point shots the rest were 3's.A team effort by KAYA dismantled the elite by 22 (82-60), not quite 35 ;).

SEMI-FINAL #2

Lightning vs Top Guns

White County Top Guns jumped out quick on the Lightning, and the Lightning came back to take a lead late by 1 point. The Top Guns got on a little roll went up by 5 or so and the Lightning couldn't find it in their tank for another comeback. Top Guns won by 8 (I think it was 54-46).

CHAMPIONSHIP

Top Guns vs. KAYA

Rivalary the dates back to the days of Junior Pro. Should be an excellent match-up. Both teams play well as a team, and both are sound defensivley. Both teams advance to the state in Lynchburg.

Hey AEroadrunners who is the "one man" for the Eagles? You obviously have never been an official by your comments; I suppose you didn't see the little #10 on the lightning throw a fit like a three year old when he was called for a foul late in the game, being that they just let the officials call the game and played on. Any explaination for the inadvertant whistle that changed possession of the ball late? Many people said it was a pretty good "homer job" by the officials. I was very disappointed in how this AAU tournament was run...people on the court @ halftime and (between games) where players coming out of the locker room had to wrestle the basketball as well as the court away, to warm up. Yes, I have been a part of the organization and management of thirteen (13) AAU National Championship Basketball Tournaments and eleven (11) AAU National Championship Baseball Tournaments with between 73 and 98 teams from across the country participating and have been a certified TSSAA official for 22 years, so I do have some experience; this event was disappointing. The two best teams may well be in the championship game, but two officials made certain that the next best team (at worst) didn't get the chance to be there. I wish both teams the best of luck and pray for you both that the officials who call the game have more integrity than the ones who called the game we've talked about.

I will definately agree with the officiating in this tournament as the officials were going to make certain that a knoxville team won, as they did, i take nothing away from KAYA as they played hard and definately deserved the win, however the calls made not only during the game but especially in overtime was very very questionable. #32 for the Top Guns was fouled with 1 sec to go that would have put him on the line for two shots with the score tied at the end of regulation but they acted like it never happened, and i mean it was a blatant foul that everyone seen, how do these guys get to officiate these games, it was obvious to everyone that they knew the parents from the KAYA team, laughing and joking around with them and one of the officials that refereed the games at Bearden was sitting with the parents of KAYA, whats up with that? How do you get these hometown refs for such an important game? Well nothing we can do about it right now but i hope we get them in Tullahoma as the outcome with be different without that home cookin!

First things first. Congratulations to my guys on a playing hard this tournament. No matter what anybody says on this message board, we perservered through the trials and tribulations of the tournament and won it (+71).

The referring in the tournament overall was ok, except for one particular ref. I plan on calling in on him and if you need to do the same please email me and I will give you his name (my email [email protected]). In my opinion of the games I saw, only the Tri-Cities Eagles deserve a gripe, they got SHAFTED in their final game against the Lightning.

As for as the Top Guns you got beat. You people stood there and made excuses on why you lost to the Nashville Elite (Who we soundly beat by 22).

I'm not going to get on here and bicker with anybody, but our motto is "GO HARD, OR GO HOME" as some fans so graciously pointed out on our girls Shooting shirts.

I'd also like to Congratulate the KAYA Lady Stingers 13 & Under who rolled in their championship game by 30.

Posted by devilfanatic:

I will definately agree with the officiating in this tournament as the officials were going to make certain that a knoxville team won, as they did, i take nothing away from KAYA as they played hard and definately deserved the win, however the calls made not only during the game but especially in overtime was very very questionable. #32 for the Top Guns was fouled with 1 sec to go that would have put him on the line for two shots with the score tied at the end of regulation but they acted like it never happened, and i mean it was a blatant foul that everyone seen, how do these guys get to officiate these games, it was obvious to everyone that they knew the parents from the KAYA team, laughing and joking around with them and one of the officials that refereed the games at Bearden was sitting with the parents of KAYA, whats up with that? How do you get these hometown refs for such an important game? Well nothing we can do about it right now but i hope we get them in Tullahoma as the outcome with be different without that home cookin!