14U boys substate in Knoxville

A bunch of sorry LOSERS! That's what I'm getting out of this and ANY TEAM THAT MISSES 17 FREE THROWS DOESN'T DESERVE TO WIN. Yall miss 17 Free throws against the Elite but yall wanted to blame the loss on the refs. Come on now, find something else to fuss about besides the refs.

First of all, there was no wrestling over a ball whenever your team came back on the court. The courts were mainly cleared whenever you decided to warm-up. You're just trying to make this tournament seem like it was a bunch of BS. Yall are just a bunch of Sorry Losers!!! You just want to find anything to complain about because your team got beat.

Now to the Lightning player #10; Hey you can talk about him all you want to because he will shot your lights out anytime! Now yes, he was very upset because the ref called an intention foul on him when he fouled. But that was a great call and you must agree with it. He realize that was a bad foul and that's why he lost it. You shouldn't be on here bashing somebody kid because they were upset. The crowd got behind him and his team and they just played the game. They let the refs do the calling and they just worried about the playing. That's what you and your boys should've done.

Homecooking????? How do you know that the refs were even from Knoxville? Come on now, don't assume things that you don't know. But the one ref you are referring to has been the talk of the whole tournament but you can't blame your lost on him. One or Two bad calls can't lose a game If your team is playing up to their potential. I don't think this tournament was Home Cooking. We've been hearing this comment for the longest, I think it all boils down to this, "Yall Can't beat any Knoxville Team!"

Like I tell my boys, "go out there and play like you're playing a game of 21. If a ref make a call, just respect his or her call and give them the ball if you agree with it or not." Yall people have to realize something, No one is Perfect. But like AAUCOACH said,"Email the main office if you have any complaints" and if you can get some better refs, bring them with you.

Now my prayers are with the Pacesetters coach, he suffer a light heart attack while coaching his boys. I bet yall don't care anything about that do yall? Its ashame how some people are-A bunch of sorry losers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FAbrock20

First of all, congratulations to KAYA and the Top Guns and good luck in Tullahoma. Second, I am sending letters to AAU and to TSSAA. I shouldn't have to bring officials with me to get capable stripes calling games of this magnitude. Not a sorry loser, just an official who expects people calling games to have integrity, and that was lacking in the game we lost...as you admitted and others have also stated. Third, #10 of the lightning maybe scored two points against the Eagles, that is not known as lighting it up in the Tri-Cities and the point about him was that, as an example, they didn't just sit & let the officials call the game...he cried and threw a fit on the court, actions that should have been T'd up, period. Fourth, thanks to aaucoach13 for the public recognition that the Eagles didn't get a fair shake. We don't like to lose, no true competitor does, but the decision of a contest should not be on the shoulders of less than competent officials. Fifth, the Pacesetters were the team that had the most difficult time getting floor space to warm up, but others did, as well. I didn't know about the Pacesetters coach, but I and I am sure that everyone involved in this weekend's tournament and all who read these posts, join you in praying for his speedy recovery. Sixth, we didn't play the elite to miss 17 free throws, but our free throws weren't too good either. Last, the comment that we couldn't beat any Knoxville team, we beat one by 33 points in our first game.

Again, I salute the KAYA and the Top Guns and hope you both get to represent the state of Tennessee in the nationals.

Skunk (on someone elses computer)

[Edited by FAbrock20 on 4-27-03 10:55P]

[Edited by FAbrock20 on 4-27-03 11:09P]

As usual AE roadrunner you have no clue as to what has been said, you twist and contort all the words. Let me just go on record and say that the officials didn't beat us, and they never ever beat you in my opinion, you win as a team and lose as a team period. Turnovers and missed opportunities cost us the game as well as free throws, and the fact that KAYA is a great team, they played hard and deserved to win just as much as any team, what i stated was that alot of the refereeing was questionable but hey when is it not ? If i remember correctly AE you were doing a little complaining after that state tournament about the refs yourself. So lets not take what i said out of context, now as far as the "ref" in question i'll just leave all that stuff alone and say this, the kids accomplished what they set out to do which is qualify for the state, as far as us complaining about being beaten by the team of the Nashville Elite, you are way off there as we sat with some of their fans and we didn't play well that game and got beat by a very good team, but their was no complaining between fans as you said. So once again AE you are way off as usual, good luck to both teams in the state. Does anyone know who qualified in the other substates? :confused:

I didn't see all the games, of course, but in the ones i did see i was impressed with point guard play. KAYA's point guard played well in the game i saw. He really controlled the game. I also liked the Elite's point man, #14. He had a consistent outside shot along with great handles. And the third point guard that I thought played well was #11 from the Blaze. Tall,lanky. Penetrated and finished in traffic.