winningest active coaches in tennessee?

badger

• 9 months later...

Coach Bayless has won a conference 865 varsity mens basketball games and has won a title in every mens sport at Happy Valley. At one time he coached the Baseball, Football, Track, golf, and Basketball teams. He is a remarkable man and I hope at 80 yrs old I am still able to run like he runs up and down the court with the boys at practice :lol:

Counting his early years at a HS in Nashville (can't remember the name)and @ Aquinas College and now @ Nashville Christian, Charlie Anderson (who is in the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame) has to be one of the TN boys winningest active coaches. I am pretty sure he has won more than 700 games. He is a great coach and a great motivator. He has given hundreds of kids opportunities that some people would not take a chance on. He has taught kids that nothing is free in life. He was a real class act and I salute him for all he has done for us "have nots". I am glad to call him a friend, one of my role models, but best of all.....my former coach! Go get 'em next year coach, whoever don't jump out on defensive drill's in your first practice next year, run 'em till there tounge drags the floor...just for old times sake !!!!!!! :lol:

Man i remember last year when i played....in the first practice he asked us who the best defender was and nobody jumped out. The next thing i know we're running lol. Great coach indeed and i was privelaged to get to practice with him for a year and play JV. I believe this year he totalled his 900th win overall so he is probably the most winningest coach right now. If not, I'd like to know who is... :o