Maryville

mhsrbl202

Carl is doing the decathlon and has the chance and ability to win it. Last year going into the mile he was 1st by 400 points and ended up 5th, he needs work on his mile, then he's set. Our field events and our relays carry us, the boys anyway. Carl Stewart, Brandon Waters, Aaron May, and a few of the smaller and younger boys that grap points help boost the teams chances of winning. This year we've only lost two meets, one to Bradley Central and another was the "Snake" Relays. We have great 400 runners in Carl Stewart, Dave Garner, Drew Galyon, Nick Wilbur and Matt Oliver...all 5 are great competitors! The 400 is definetly one of our strongest races. Next Monday we run Blount County and we believe that we have a great chance to win it. It will be tough, but we're going to do everything we can.

[Edited by MaryvilleRebels on 4-15-03 10:21P]

First off, what he told you is wrong...so I wouldn't take his word for it. Going into the last event, Carl was in the lead by 24 points. Secondly, the 1500 is run in a decathlon, not the 1600 (I've run a few of them in my day). Lastly, 5:56 in the 1500 for a high school athlete (who will play college football) is Terrible. It's nothing personal against Carl...it's just reality.