Nashville Pacesetters

I play for the Pacesetters 17u tem,and e are good but we jus dont have any height,and thats what i think holds us down,because our tallest player is 6'4'' and he plays center,and other teams have point gaurds that are 6'3'',but once we get some height we will talke a lot of teams out,but still dont sleep on us.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lajen... you don't need height...

The Stallions tallest player is 6'3, and they are a GREAT team...

The Alcoa team that beat you guys had no one taller than 6'3....

Height is only an issue when you go up against REAL big teams, with 6'8, 6'9, etc...

I wasn't saying you weren't good. I simply said don't use height as an excuse in a tourney like that.... Yeah, 'Twon plays for me, thanks for asking. We play this weekend, and then host a Major tournament the following weekend in Lexington... You ought to come watch us if you get the chance...

the only reason nike beat the 13 yr olds is because they pacesetters ran out of energy at the end and nike had fresh people on the court. Daniel Parker(star point guard) didnt do much that game. The pacesetters didnt even have a big man that could get rebounds. The pacesetters brought a 25 point game down to an 8 point game in the third quarter. it doesnt matter nike is going to get put out in the state by FUTURE or the Wildcats.l

In all of the games, Nike played 12 kids, with starters sometimes playing less than half the game. That shows a pretty good team when everyone has an opportunity to play major minutes. Also, I don't think the Nike team has any "stars", just some ballers. McAdoo, Parker, Kelly, Pope and Wallace played less than anyone and handed the Pacesetters a 15+ loss. Thank Coach Patton for being generous and a class act. The Shooting Stars gave the Nike team a good game. The Mondelli kid really played well for them. They are going to be a team to be reckoned with in state.

but the pacesetters cut the score down from a 25 point game to an 8 point game, but at the end the pacesetters didnt have enough energy to keep the game close. parker didnt do much. plus the pacesetters dont evan have a big man, so if they could come that close to a team who has about 2 or 3 jpost players, then i would say that they are a good team. all the pacesetters need is a true post player then they would beat nike by more than 20. you might think that i am talking stuff, but believe me its ltrue. When yboa comes and if the pacesetters will have a true post player by then, then nike wouldn't have a chance against the pacesetters. the pacesetters also have a strong starting five without the post player:

Nathan Wade(point)

Josh Hayes(wing)

Marvin Hughes(wing)

Cory Johnson(post)

Dantez Breedlove(post)( great 3-point shooter)

Daniel Parker isnt as good as he used to be!!!!!!!!!! All nike has is Pope and MacAdoo!!!!!!!!!

I would hope that this is not a parent being a parent and if it is remember other people see these games and know what happened when you play someone. Other also know who is a player and who is not. Why knock another kid on any other team as I see so many do on these threads.When you attack someone it will not make other see you or yours better.

top 13u in state (no order)

wildcats

stars

nike

memphis #

memphis #2

ballerzs

future why knock any team for being who they are?

Edited by AIRNIKE

you forgot about the FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!

this isnt a parent its a player!!!!!!!!!!

im not saying that i will knock out a team for being who they are, i am just saying that the pacesetters can beat the m if they had a true post player.

Edited by skywade44

In response to Skywade, you can't be serious. By no

stretch of the imagination are they one player away

from competing with not only Nike but many other of

the top teams.

This is not to knock the Pacesetters. They have some

fine ball players. However, I don't believe that they

won a game at the sub-state. Nike, Wildcats, Future,

Shooting Stars, Ballerz, etc. are at a different level.