<b>15:u Tn AAU/Summer Circuit Team Rankings...4/17

15:u Tn AAU/Summer Circuit Team Rankings...4/17

15:u AAU Tn Team Rankings 4/15/03

1. Murfreesboro Stars

Coach: Jimmy Odem

Star Player: Brandon Wright (6˜8 Fr WF/BF)

Starters: Jimmy Oden (6˜0 Fr PG), Mario Hunter (6˜4 Fr WF), Keith Ramsey (6˜6 Fr BF), Darius Roper (6˜2 Fr 2G(

Other Players: Gaston Miller (5˜8 Fr PG)

Record: 6-1

Notes: Won the 15:u AAU North Substate with ease after going 2-1 at the Riverdale Hoops Classic. Only loss is to 16˜s Midstate Ballerz.

Next: Houston Kingwood Classic (TX)

2. YOMCA

Coach:

Star Player: Willie Kemp (6˜1 Fr PG)

Starters: Pierre Niles (6˜7 Fr BF), Wayne Chism (6˜7 Fr BF), David Woods (6˜8 Fr C)

Other Players:

Record: 1-0

Notes: Beat 16:u Memphis Bulldogs 46-45.

Next:

3. Mottep Panthers

Coach:

Star Player: Antonio Wilkerson (6˜2 Soph 2G)

Starters:

Other Players:

Record: 3-1

Notes: Fared the best of any Tn team in Kentucky Hoop Stars Classic. Beat Kentucky 15˜s by 25. Beat Cincinnati Royals. Beat Tn Travelers #2. Lost to Queen City Prophets.

Next:

4. Memphis Mitchell AAU

Coach:

Star Player: Thaddeous Young (6˜8 Fr BF)

Starters: Andre Thornton (6˜5 Fr WF)

Other Players:

Record:

Notes:

Next:

5. Tn Travelers #2

Coach:

Star Player: Adam Plavich (6˜1 Fr 2G)

Starters:

Other Players:

Record: 2-4

Notes: Lost to and beat Spiece Stars. Lost to Georgia Stars in championship by forfeit. Lost to Georgia Stars by 30 in pool play. Lost to Mottep Panthers. Beat Cincinnati Royals.

Next:

6. YAB

Coach:

Star Player:

Starters:

Other Players:

Record:

Notes:

Next:

7. Tn Thunder

Coach:

Star Player:

Starters:

Other Players:

Record:

Notes:

Next:

8. Franklin Rage

Coach:

Star Player:

Starters:

Other Players:

Record:

Notes:

Next:

9. Memphis Elite

Coach: Russ Spivey

Star Player:

Starters:

Other Players:

Record:

Notes:

Next:

10. Tn Travelers #1

Coach:

Star Player: Deon Gaines (6˜1 Fr PG)

Starters:

Other Players:

Record: 1-3

Notes: Lost to Nashville Stallions. Beat Nashville Stallions in pool play. Lost to Spiece Stars. Lost to Queen City Prophets.

Next:

Honorable Mention:

˜ Nashville Stallions

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The information on both Travelers' teams is incorrect. Plavich's team is 7-2, reached the finals of the Kentucky Hoopstars Classic in Louisville. That team also won the tournament at Carson-Newman with a 4-0 record, which makes the record posted here incorrect. This team did not lose to the Nashville Stallions, nor did the other team - both teams beat them. Plavich's team beat Spiece in their only game, and the other team lost to Spiece twice, once in overtime. It's unfortunate that someone will get on this board, rank teams without seeing them play, and post incorrect information. If you want to verify a record, tournament finish, etc., call someone who can provide accurate information. If someone is going to post rankings, ratings, etc., on this board, there has to be a commitment to accuracy. I realize much of this is opinion-based, and that's fine, but if someone is speaking with the authority of this board and providing inaccurate information, that certainly damages the credibility of both the person who posts and the board itself. I'm all for expressing opinions, but not providing accurate information while attempting to post rankings, speak with authority, etc., just doesn't fly.

smalltown....

I posted only after the Kentucky Hoopstars Classic, and haven't updated teh 15's since, so that is why the records aren't updated...

The info I recieved from the Travs 15's are straight from the Tournament results on the official tourney website. If this is incorrect, it is NOT my fault, so lay off...

I have not seen the two teams play, nor many 15's (16's and 17's: I have seen EVERYONE play), but I got three opinions since the rankings from those at the Travs tourney, so I have recieved info about the 15's, and this is not a very strong group(s) in their opinion...

BUT.............................

PLEASE give me any info you can on these 15's or any others, so my 15's rankings can be as accurate as my 16's and 17's....... I NEED YOUR HELP on 15's, so please POST!!!

Fair enough - the information on the Kentucky tournament was probably wrong. They must have gotten the teams mixed up, reported a score for one team that acutally applied to the other, etc. I didn't check the date - didn't realize you posted prior to the C-N tournament. I know Plavich's team beat everyone easily there except the St. Louis Eagles, who they beat in a close game. The other team was 2-2.

I can't really help you with 15's because I've not seen very many of them play. I know the Travelers have two teams, but they did not create a #1 and #2 team. Plavich's team has a lot of guys that played together last year on a team out of Georgia that was pretty good - they acutally split (last year) with the Murfreesboro team that has Brandon Wright. A lot of those guys are from the Chattanooga/North Georgia area.

YAB should be way before Mottep and maybe even in the top 5 yeah they did lose in there sub-state even they got cheated but we are not about to get in to that but you will still be seeing them in Nationals after they came in 2nd in the Super Regional Showcase or something like that but you will not see them in state but they will be there but after making a few changes to the team the Tigers have added some Tigers to the pack. :P

P.S. And they should be in the Top 3 if Mottep is in there come on now YAB is the squad this year

Edited by cobra24

gomab2 dont you think it's time to update this info.; let me give you some info about YAB there record is 6-3 and they have just placed 2nd in the Super Regional Showcase which auto. gives them a bid to Nationals so no they won't be playin in the state but they will be in Nationals and there starters are:

And there Star player(s) are: Orlando Harding C 6'6''

Joshua Bone SG 5'10'' Uryan Scales 6'0"

Walter Morgan PG- Martin Luther King 5'5 1/2"

Joshua Bone SG- Breentwood Academy 5'10"

Michael Jones SF- Hunters Lane 5"11

Uryan Scales PF- Hunters Lane 6'0"

James Winrow C- Stratford 6'3"

Supporting Cast:

Treymane Townsend PG- Breentwood Academy 5'7"

Ryan Lee SG- Whites Creek 5'9 1/2"

Tony Wilks- Martin Luther King 5'7"

Antwain Simmons PF- Whites Creek 6'1 1/2"