Best 13&U boys Teams

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you certainly have to consider the YOMCA Tigers, the FUTURE, Oak Ridge, and the Williamson County Wildcats as the top teams in the State. I have not seen Memphis Elite or Nike Select but I here they are good. Memphis Elite must be strong because they beat the YOMCA Tigers in a tournament this year. The FUTURE, the Wildcats, and the Tigers have some really strong individual players that all know how to play great team ball. On any given night there are about 4 or 5 players on the FUTURE that can put up 25-30 points a night. The same holds true for 2 or 3 of the Wildcats and Tigers players. I've seen them all do it for their middle school teams. I wondered about the FUTURE's defense, but they proved to me that the can play defense this weekend.

The Oak Ridge Bulls have been to the Nationals repeatedly since age 9 or 10. The Future's coach has taken a different team to the Nationals every year for the past 3 years. The Wildcats have some talent but did not make it out of sub-state last year. Their roster looks a lot different this year, but do they have what it takes to get out of the state? YOMCA and several of the other Memphis area clubs always put good teams on the floor. Nike Select has kept their team tight to the vest, no one has seen them play with their entire roster. They definitely have a very talented roster with really good size. What do you know about the team from Dyersburg? They won the western division. Anyone have any info on them?

Guest ouch23

The wildcats have two new key players. both average double digits. In fact they might be the two leading scorers. I think their is no doubt that they will take 1st or 2nd in state. I think the future are over rated despite beating the wildcats.My soureces tell me the future played great, wildcats played terrible, and it was still a war.

Oak Ridge looks good. They apply pressure well, are strong inside, have good fundementals, and have one boy who is deadly at threes. I havent seen the Nike team play but i have heard they are pretty strong and coach patten is good.

I pick oak Ridge or wildcats to win the state but the nike upsetting is a possibility.

How can you put Nike Select behind Future, Wildcats, YOMCA if you haven't seen the team play yet. It will be interesting to see how it will all go down at the State. I wouldn't bet on any particular placement just yet. I think it could be anybodies game depending on the day. This should be one of the best state tournaments for this age bracket in years!

Guest ouch23

Well, the way I can put Nike behind Future Tigers and WIldcats is very simple. I know and have seen everyone of their starters play before. Now a question: Is Oak Ridge as good as last year? I saw them play one game and they tore apart a much weaker opponet, but that is the only time i have seen them and it is hard to just teams when they are playing weaklings

The YOMCA team is last years defending champs and the Oak Ridge team was second. The Oak Ridge team beat Collins by 50 last year in the state. So I not so sure you Nashville Guys are ready for the Big Dogs from Memphis and Knoxville. It is funny to read all the smack you talk about how good your local teams are. The rest of the state knows everythings runs through Memphis. :o