Jamont Gordon Is A Star!

Jamont Gordon is an absolute star, and has just made my job even tougher in trying to place in order him, Tyler, the Delks, and JP Prince.... Jamont had 27 points, 10 boards, 4 assists, 4 steals, and 2 blocks tonight against the #2-ranked Tn Breakers. Gordon does things that no other Soph in the State can do, and will be currently ranked as the #2 Soph in the State......... Unbelievable player!!!

But he has an attitude problem. If he doesn't change his attitude he will not be going to any big time college... i don't care how good he is....and that is a FACT!

I would rather have another player that does just a little less than someone on the court with a problem.

Even if it is the Delk twins or Tyler Smith or whoever.....

shooter5 why are you so hard on a 16 year old kid?could you tell me when the last time you saw jamont play?i will be honest there a something that jamont will do on the court i question sometimes but he is a great kid maybe you need to sit and talk with him and you will see. if you still feel the same way after talking with him you must be anti-jamont. :D:D:wacko:

I am not being hard on him....i am just stating the facts. I think he is a great player, but he is not at the level that he think he is. Don't get me wrong i am not here to talk bad about him, i am just hoping he gets the message and works hard on the court and lets his game to the talking. I saw him play this weekend were he showed flashes of greatness but also showed stupidity. I know he is only 16 but sooner or later you need to grow up. Colleges look at that if you know what i mean. I hope the best of Jamont! Sorry if you took it the wrong way :D

Its about time that you've recognized that he is the best soph in the state he shouldn't be #2 he should be #1. He does this day in and day out.

Why he's the best:

1. has a better perimeter skills than Tyler as far as shooting and ball handling.

2. Has just as much outside game as the Delks but more inside game, more physically developed.

3. Just more skill than Cromwell

Should be #1

The problem with Jamont, that could plague him consistently, is his attitude. I cannot put a kid #1 with an attitude like Jamont's. I like the kid, and don't think he is nearly as bad as many others do, but the fact does remain that the kid is somewhat a knucklehead. He wouldn't even shake hands after the semifinals loss....

Look, I started this thread because I think Jamont is a phenomenal ball player, and underrated in my last rankings. But the factors that don't include actually playing ball are very serious, and the kid needs to make a concerted effort to work on his attitude, or he will be left behind. I hope nothing but the absolute best for him, because he left me in awe with his on the court play this weekend: he just needs to get his head right and his potential is limitless.............................. :lol:

I totally agree with you, and he does need to make an effort to change his attitude or he will be left behind. I do still think that he's the best soph. in the state skill wise but if his attitude doesn't change he'll just be another good player who could of made it.