New Pay Policy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Professor, let me ask you a question... How long would you continue to lose money with a hobby before you took measures to try to make it at least break even? Coach Thompson is a high school teacher and he has built this website from nothing into the largest high school sports website in Tennessee. After all of his work, he still doesn't make enough money to make it pay for itself, much less become profitable. All he is trying to do is bring in enough money to keep it alive and kicking. The website has grown beyond his capacity to underwrite it any longer. It simply had to pay for itself or end. There are hundreds of us who are willing to pay for the plus membership. The rest of you can talk about your sport in season. It will take sometime for everyone to adjust, but it will work. I hope you will join our extended family here at CoachT.com!

TheProfessor,

Are you old enough to remember when television was free? The benefits of cable and satellite services are worth the cash. Ditto for CoachT.com.

As ELA stated, Coach Thompson is not trying to make big bucks. He is not getting too big for his britches.

The cost of this site is too big for him and his family. The $12 fee for using the best high school site in Tennessee for one year is more than reasonable.

I understand the reaction to change, but this site is the ESPN of Tennessee high school athletics. Add the opportunity to communicate directly and instantly with thousands of other Tennessee high school fans, and $12 is the best bargain in the state!

P.S. Anyone is free to start their own site and offer it to the public -- for free. Imagine the out-of-pocket financial investment and time required to start and maintain this site. We should all be sending Coach Thompson an extra $25.

You must really be New the CoachT Plus $12.00 payment has been going for a year now and I think its well worth the extras to be able to have Private Messaging & the other boards like College Football & Basketball, NASCAR, NFL Football, MLB & a open forum to really talk about anything!

Sequatchie -

If I were you, I would pay more attention to what people say before quoting them and looking like an IDIOT. I said NOTHING about having to pay. I think paying is a great idea. Don't act like an idiot saying I must be new. READ MY POST: I was questioning why the football board should still be available according to the new policy. I thought, hmmm.... football doesn't start for three months. It's out of season. But why is it still available on the boards. Well I have my answer now. Spring practice is going on and coacht considers it in-season. Your post inflames me. You insult me. I know what I'm asking. Don't be so blind as to misread posts.

you may think i'm cheap, but i'll not pay the $12. not too sure how the new rules will be received... be careful and don't get too big for your own good. you had a good thing goin,don't alienate those that got you there. but it's your site. only time will tell. :lol:

You must really be New the CoachT Plus $12.00 payment has been going for a year now and I think its well worth the extras to be able to have Private Messaging & the other boards like College Football & Basketball, NASCAR, NFL Football, MLB & a open forum to really talk about anything!

No I am not new. I know that there has been a plus system for a while, but that was optional for extended access. The point I'm trying to make is that, if this change was communicated to others outside the plus membership,(maybe it was but not to my knowledge) the shock value would have been less instead of logging on and finding out with no warning. That's all. It's not my site. I don't make the rules, but I don't have to like them as well. I respect the fact that coacht should not lose money. i know what a teacher makes, but if there are so many people involved with this site surely sponsors would be willing to sign on (i'm not sure on this but it seems like a reasonable deduction) I guess the old saying "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission" applies. I will still check on the 'in season' boards, and I do enjoy the site, just not the new restrictions. So I know the administrators will circle the wagons on all the dissenters (much like TSSAA), but that's ok. It is America and we all are free to voice our opinions even if we don't agree with each other. By the way, saying this site is the ESPN of Tennessee high school sports is not a great analagy. ESPN is not near and dear to the hearts of many Tennesseans due to their degrading comments of the past. Not trying to start a war just venting a bit......