New Pay Policy

I understand what you are saying about the suddenness of the change. I planned on telling everyone in advance and the reason I didn't is that it is quite difficult for me to explain something to people that I can't show them an example of. It seemed much better to make the change and then explain why at a time when fans could see what you were talking about. Fans who login can see which boards they have access to whether they are Guests or members.

The other thing is that this change wasn't made on a whim. It was done because it had to be.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wit tha professa in many wayz. This plus stuff was optional for extra services but now dat all changed. At first tha plus memberships wuz for scholarshipz but now it be for coacht's bank account. If I signed up for plus, would any negative postz get deleted? Do moderatorz have tha las say like they do now and can lock postz for their own reasons? What happened to good/bad marks? Can my membership get canceled for what is perceived as a bad post by some but not by others? Will the fee for plus membership jump up when only a few people getz it and coacht need mo money? Give me some answers befo I sign up?

Well for one thing OBD this money is not for coacht's bank account. It's to keep this site going. Up until this point he has been paying out of his pocket for this site. And for who? Us. As big as this site has gotten it's now hard for him to pay all of this out of his pocket. It's time for us as the fans to step up and help him out if we love this site as much as we say we do. I run a site and I know that if I had as much traffic on it as coacht does there would be no way I could afford to run it. So come on everyone. If we like this site as much as we say we do let's help keep it going.

ODB,

As a moderator on the Football board, there are certain things that we look for before we delete or lock threads.

1) If it has no relevance to the board we will delete it (ie trying to sell a yoga concept on a Football board is a case in point that happened just a few weeks ago)

2) If it uses profane language it will be deleted as coacht wants to let it be a site where anybody in the family can go.

3) If it goes beyond friendly bantering or debate and becomes extremlely malicious it may be locked or deleted depending upon how serious it becomes.

4) If the thread belongs somewhere else we will move it (eg if you want to talk public private on the football board, the whole thread will be moved)

Also remember all of the money does not go to coacht, he has a lot of bills to play to keep this site going and is using this site to promote Tennessee Athletics and I personally think it contines to have more and more of an impact each year to improve things all round. CoachT also has a scholarship program implemented which came form Plus Member Revenues. An extremely worthy cause in my books.

Edited by OnlineLC

Some people didn't like it when the Beatles broke up. They took it personally. How anyone can find fault with Coach T's proposed usage fees is beyond my comprehension.

Everyone who follows Tennessee High School sports can benefit from CoachT.com. If someone doesn't want to pay the $12 or $24, he/she can still visit the site.

If someone doesn't agree with the changes or charges, that individual should feel free to start his/her own website. Try doing that and not charge anyone for using it.

I agree wit tha professa in many wayz.  This plus stuff was optional for extra services but now dat all changed.  At first tha plus memberships wuz for scholarshipz but now it be for coacht's bank account.  If I signed up for plus, would any negative postz get deleted?  Do moderatorz have tha las say like they do now and can lock postz for their own reasons?  What happened to good/bad marks?  Can my membership get canceled for what is perceived as a bad post by some but not by others?  Will the fee for plus membership jump up when only a few people getz it and coacht need mo money?  Give me some answers befo I sign up?

The Plus memberships were not set up for scholarships. That was added later in the hopes that the site costs could be covered and a scholarship could be awarded, also. Didn't happen. Hopefully it will in the future.

Negative posts would still get deleted and threads will be locked if a moderator, or I, deem it necessary.

Good marks could not be carried over to this new board software.

Yes, your membership could be cancelled either for a certain time period or permanently if I decide it is necessary. Moderators would not make this decision.

Will the fee go up? I certainly hope not and do not anticipate that ever happening.

It's a shame that some people are taking potshots at coacht for the membership fees. People like that remind me of the people who had the "Vote No" signs in their yards when Nashville was wooing the Houston Oilers but today attend the games regularly - wanting something for nothing.

I do not hold it against anyone if they don't want to purchase a membership; however, they should be happy with what they do get. I have to think the saying "You get what you pay for" has escaped a lot of these people.

I do not proclaim to understand how Internet economics work, but coacht, is there some sort of system in which you could sign up visitors to the coacht.com site to a "free" membership, with all or expanded access, but their names get sold to companies so their e-mail boxes get spammed to death, and you, coacht, get revenues from names sold to the companies?

but coacht, is there some sort of system in which you could sign up visitors to the coacht.com site to a "free" membership, with all or expanded access, but their names get sold to companies so their e-mail boxes get spammed to death, and you, coacht, get revenues from names sold to the companies?

???

I would NEVER check that e-mail address, lol...

What's really tacky and moronic is when you see someone with 2 posts who just signed up whining about coacht's "greedy pay service." You know that person has a user name with 300+ posts and a reputation and they're too scared to stand up for their factless opinions on their "good" screen name so they create a new one and whine about all they want. Most of the users I see whining about it are like that. So sad. . .