Cheerleaders

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promise I haven't forgotten you. Here is an excerpt from a message I posted yesterday on the Plus Boards:

Most of the changes happen when iamoz and I look at something we would like to do and realize we can't do it with the system, or hardware, or whatever that we currently use. Usually we decide that the benefits aren't worth what we would be giving up in order to gain those benefits. But, this time, we felt it was necessary. For example, these boards will allow me, late this summer, to set up some private boards for different groups of fans. I have wanted to put in a cheerleader board for awhile but do not want it open to anyone who wants to make comments about cheerleaders. I already know where those conversations would lead. I will be able to do that soon, as one example.

Guest RHSfan05

I think that if u made a cheerleading board it would have to be private. just because some people would ruin it for everyone. That just shows you how childish people can get

Okay, I just want to know, and I am not trying to be a smart aleck here, but what on earth would people talk about on a cheerleading board? I honestly cannot figure that one out! They aren't in competition with each other, at least I don't think so (shows how much I know!) Just please enlighten me because I really want to know. And, maybe you are right, maybe it would need to be private. Thanks. :unsure:

Well JustWrestle they are in competition with each other at times. My daughter is a cheerleader and they have summer camp. There they compete with each other at different things. Also through the year there are competitions where squads from different schools compete against each other. Well robjim I don't know what you know about cheerleading. ;) Guess you want to see if they post any pics huh? :unsure: Yeah coacht will have to get someone to mod the board that will keep it straight and knows something about cheerleading. Like robjim? NOT! :D

The Cheerleaders compete at the national level. I think they do things that are dangerous, like stacking three high on a hardwood gym floor. I know there are some restrictions and College restrictions are a little less strenuous. The backflips the length of the floor are neat. They could be timed on that. It's about 94 feet baseline to baseline. :unsure:

Thanks for all that info. I do agree that they are definitely athletes! I watch in amazement how they do the stuff that they do. I just never heard of any local competitions between the schools - I have heard of competitions when they go to cheering camp, etc., but not during the year, really.

And oh yea, we do need to watch out for the moderator - especially Robjim! :unsure:

Edited by JustWrestle

TSSAA has a state competition for building squads ( that do partner stunts) an non-building squads (who do not build stunts and pyramids. Competitions are held at camp as well as at the national level. Squads are judged on synchronization, creativity, crowd appeal, levels of difficulty (stunts and tumbling vary in their degrees of difficulty, much like gymnastics, ) and visual aids (signs and such.) They must perform the routine in a certain area- points are counted off for going out of bounds, wobbling on stunts or dropping girls out of them, being out of synch with your squad, etc, etc... Cheerleaders are athletes. Cheering for a football game is comparable to doing high impact aerobics for the same amount of time on one's heart rate. Hope this helps :D