Top 10 point guards 13u & 14u

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This list looks good. Robert Ellison is certainly topping the charts at the point guard position. Keep in mind he's an awesome shooting guard too. His role differs from game to game, that's why you must consider Marcus Jefferson #23 (FUTURE) as well. His role differs from game to game as well. Both are versatile enough to play both positions.

And just as Josh Henley is, Marcus can play even a third spot as well. I don't view Josh as a point guard, but he's tops whereever you play him.

You can view Robert, Marcus, and Josh simply as top players at 13.

We also have some guards behind Robert that would be stars on other teams and certainly top five/ten performers.

But I certainly like Robert, Josh, Marcus, and Daniel in that list, no particular order.

In no particular order.

Josh Henley Wildcats (Josh can play 1,2,3 and Josh is the youngest player on my list he is only 12 and should be considered one of the top players in several positions)

Robert Ellison Future (more of a two guard shots the ball well)

Daniel Parker Nike

I haven't seen Nathan Wade play since last summer. I heard he did very well this year for the MBA middle school team. The kid from the shooting stars did not do well in any games I have watched him play. Maybe he just had off games.

Want about the Nashville Royals they have the best 14 year old team to me in the state with Calvin Roberts (Joelton) and Jamie Graham (Brick Church) they proved last year they had the best team in the state tournament look out for these two they should be on the top 5 guards.

Yeah, if you caught any of these players during middle school play this list grows. I heard Nate played well.

When you speak of just guards (point and 2-guard) 7th/13u, no one could touch Marcus Jefferson at the point in Murfreesboro. He was the only 7th grader on the 8th grade team.

Again, Robert was the man at Ewing Park.

Erik Wisdom, was the only 7th grader to start at guard during the regular season for Brick Church Middle School, playing alongside super-guard Jamie Graham (8th) at the point. When Jamie went down with a broken wrist Erik assume to point position. Him and Robert went at it in a match up that had plenty of long-range shooting and off the dribble moves to the basket.

Playing aside players like Robert, Marcus, Dee Miller, and Dee Mason (The FUTURE), Erik gets little notice, but when you look at just guards period, his name fits in there somewhere. He's not looked to as the primary scorer or playmaker for the FUTURE, but has the ability to do both. He averaged 12.5 in the sub-state scoring 13, 18, and 16 in the FUTURE's first 3 sub-state games. He scored 3 in the championship game where he was called on to defend the Wildcats' top scorers. In the that game, he defended Wildcat star Tyrone Caldwell for 3 quarters. At the half Tyrone had only 2 points and after 3 quarters, only 4. He went on to score 10, but Erik's defensive efforts we key. As well he defended Josh some in the 4th.

13U

1. Robert Ellison (1 & 2)

2. Marcus Jefferson (1 & 2)

3. Josh Henley (1 & 2)

4. Daniel Parker (1-guard)

5. Erik Wisdom (2-guard)

6. Deonte (1-guard)

7. Nate Wade (1-guard)

I agree with Cobra 24 on the 14's

14U

1. Jamie Graham

2. Calvin Roberts

To everybody on this who is the best 8th grader in AAU to me it would have to be Calvin Roberts I'm being completly honest his 7th grade year he was averaging 15 ppg, 3 asst. and 3 rpg 2 spg and he went to the city that year and he got All Tournament Honors but his 8th grade year he was the man averaging 28 ppg 2 asst. 9 rpg 3 spg he was once again honored with All Tournament Team Honors and also was Co- Mr. Basketball along with Jamie Graham but he would have one the city but some of the players on his team dont know there roll and plus they have a stupid coach at Joelton so, but he is going to be the best player in the state soon when he proves this in the state :D

No doubt Calvin is nasty (exceptional) on the court. I think he's tops at the shooting guard position. Nike Select has a very good point/shooting guard out of Knoxville (Tony). John with Nike Select is one of the best shooting guards as well. The Tennessee Thunder's point guard Will is very good.

I'm not sure, but I was told that Terrell Perkins was playing with one of the AAU teams now. He played point guard for Dalewood. He's very good too.