Top 10 point guards 13u & 14u

Calvin plays in the backcourt with Jamie Graham. Both are superstars, yet they've played well together in the same backcourt. Robert shares the backcourt today with Marcus Jefferson and they work well together.

I'm not sure where each will go to high school, but I would imagine it would work out well for both.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two guards that are pretty good they are Samuel Anthony anderson and Cameron Sharp. I coach the KAYA 14 and under team. I think anyone who watched them would not be wasting their time. I will have to see how they rank with the guards from the Menphis and Nashville teams.

Calvin will be a 2 in high school, plus he will be bigger when its all said and done. Most colleges are looking at 6'3" and bigger now. i talked to a collge coach the other day and he is impressed with the guard play in the state right now. He saw the royal vs nike game and walked away impressed by both teams. he was looking at where the kids are now and what type of coaching they are getting.

most players need to know that you never know who is in the stands and why. Also the parents need to know the same . When you sign a kid you sign the whole family in.Baggage will hurt you even if you are good.

guys

I like these types of threads that have purpose!!!!!!

It all depends on what you want of a point guard. Distributors. Allen Iverson at the point was 9th in the league in assists (distributing). Yet he would be ALOT of people's first pick at the point guard position. He was 1st in scoring. The really great ones have the ability to distribute, score, and defend. Whatever the team needs that day.

And one key thing is assist-to-turnover ratio. Parker turns the ball over VERY little. That's one reason he's up there. he's a quarterback on the floor. Robert is as well. Their throwing TDs with very few interceptions.

Once you get past Magic (Johnson), it doesn't really matter. You could pick Oscar Robertson, Bob Cousy, Stockton, Kidd, Frazier, Payton, etc. in any order. You would win with them ALL.

Right now Robert is in all class all by himself (or maybe with one or two). He's leading, he's distributing, he's scoring, he's winning. The rest can be ordered many different ways based on what is needed from them on any given night.

Airforceone,

Robert is a great point guard. However Parker is a much better passer (no comparison) and Henley is much more difficult to guard and a much better creator. Since they all have different strengths it really depends on what you’re looking for. I would take Henley first because of his size and strength. He is a very difficult kid to pressure. At times he is an excellent passer he still needs to work at passing sooner and keeping his head up. However because of his unusual blend of speed, power and size he is definitely my first pick for the U13 point guard. Additionally he sometimes leads his team in rebounding and can take any guard that I have seen down to the low post and create a very difficult match up.

btexpress, I agree with your analysis of Parker and Henley.

Josh Henley in my eyes is playing what have evolved in the pros as the point forward position. Because of his size and strength and the fact that he can create (shots for himself), he is more of a scorer/slasher.

I would be surprised if he plays point guard for any high school or college, he's too deadly at other positions.

The players many play at PG in 13U differs greatly from what you will see at the upper levels.

Parker is a PG in the truest form.

I watched the Parker kid play tonight and he is even better than I thought. He has developed quit a bit of foot speed and quickness this makes him very diffiicult to guard. He sees the court as good as any kid in his age group and is shooting the ball well. If he continues to work hard he will be a great high school point guard.

:Here's my list of guards for the 14 u :

Nike Select/ Billy " the Kid " kottas, Tony t" White, John Garrett and Omar "The sheik Wattad.

Royals/ Jamie Graham, Calvin, Matt

The other royals/ Gerald "g-mack" Robinson

memhis Majic/ Mo Miller (all american)

schoolers/ the allen kid can shoot.

My other pick would have to Travarios Phillipps who is playing up in 16 u.

isn't robert ellison and calvin roberts both zoned for whites creek??

can they play in the same backcourt??

robert ellison is going to Pearl Cohn High.Jamie Graham is going to Whites Creek High. And jamie graham and calvin roberts are going to whites creek and going to be unstopable. I believe these two together next year are going to be the real deal as freshman. ;):D