The Winston...

Time2Play

As I expected, the entire weekend was awesome. The truck race was full of side by side racing. With Ted Musgrave pulling out the victory. Qualifying for the Open was a time for Steve Park to shine by getting the pole.

Then was the Qualifying for the Winston where the drivers are timed for a three lap total and a four tire change pit stop. Awesome Bill brought his a game by getting the pole. The rainbow warriors set the tone for the pit crews with an awesome 12.73 pit stop.

And then came the open with Jeff Burton advancing to the Winston.

As always the winston was filled with excitement, wrecks, and hot tempors. In the end Jimmy Johnson won with a very large lead and then put on the best burn out I have ever seen.

The two disappointing things to me were

1. Jeff Gordon's driving. He caused a couple of wrecks by doing things that were not at all expected from a veteran driver. I was listening to him on the scanner in during both accidents and he was very disappointed in himself.

2. Tony Stewart (not a suprise) really talked bad about the drivers involved in the Winston during an interview with MRN radio and went on to say that he would never drive in the Winston again. Tony is a great driver but he keeps people from liking him because of his attitude. I bet that as long as he is Driving for Joe Gibbs that he will race in the Winston. I just wonder how long Gibbs will put up with him. I wish he would go back to open wheels or have a major attitude adjustment.