COFFEE CO. 4 OAKLAND 3

daddyraider

These things that you people are writing on this board suprizes me . I cannot believe that adults would watch a game like was play between these two teams last night and get on this board and try to take away what was such a very intense game, that was play with so much heart. And the girls that stepped up when needed and brough it all down to the wire and played like pro's and gave all they had to give. They get to come home and look on this board to such lack of goodwill and sour comments is unbelivable. How can you look at these remarks and know that a Oakland player or an Lady Raider player is reading this and thinking that they played like pros just so you could layer it with poo. SHAME ON YOU!

Edited by fpfreak

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As coach of the Oakland team I would like to apologize for any comments that were out of line from anyone representing my team. Things may have been said in the heat of the moment. We all know that the game is for the girls and not the coaches or parents. I hope that we can all get past this problem and just concentrate on playing ball. How can we expect the girls to concentrate on the games ahead if all they see and hear is about how bad the attitudes of their parents are??? I personally didn't see or hear anything inappropriate during the game and I don't feel like Coach Breeden did either. Both teams played a great game and thats the way things work out sometimes. I wish Coffee Co. all the luck in their game on Friday and I hope we meet again in Memphis. Lets all just let this go away. If there is a problem that needs to be addresed, that should be between the coaches, athletic directors and the principals.

Well said, LadyPat - great game by both teams, and that's the way it is supposed to be - it is still my philosophy that Lady Luck has a big part to play in sports, and last night was no different - she smiled on The Patriots the first half of the game and on the Lady Raiders the second half - But, for sure, it took 2 great teams to have a game that good - I know everyone in the stands (and it was standing room only back to the parking lot!!) got their money's worth and the locals will be there Friday!! The Lady Patriots are a class act as far as I am concerned, and we certainly hope these two great teams are playing in Memphis next week until the last bell chimes!! Now, Oakland, go get SODDY!!!!!

And LADY RAIDERS put it on Cumberland County, and could you start your "stampede" a little earlier than the 4th inning??

Edited by jusluvsports

Top Gun,

Nope, my login name has no similarities with my real name. I didn't play highschool softball very long. However, I was a prominent player when little league fast pitch softball first began in Manchester. I played various positions, but primarily pitched. Keep thinking hard, top gun................. you can do it.