Fairview Football '03

dback33

These are Fairview High School's upcoming 2003 varsity and junior varsity football schedules:

VARSITY

Hickman Co.

@ Westmoreland

@ Hillwood

@ Richland*

Montgomery Central^

@ Harpeth*

@ Waverly*

Lewis Co.*

Loretto*

Cheatham Co.*

Junior Varsity

@ Hickman Co.

@ Lewis Co.

@ Page

Creekwood

Cheatham Co.

Hickman Co.

*denotes region games.

^denotes homecoming game.

Anyone have any thoughts on our 2003 varsity schedule?

Yes, losing key players is a disadvantage for our upcomign season, but after Friday's scrimmage against Creekwood, I noticed a lot of players are willing to step it up, we have a VERY promising upcoming junior running back, many experienced lineman, including all region, Joseph Hudgins, and a few players that did not play last year that could make HUGE differences, plus one very talented very strong senior that was inelidgable last year. We'll see what it's all worth come week one. You're right it should be a good game.

Guest cneagles

I can answer that. It is because they are scared. They know they can not match up with the other county schools. They have to play the smaller schools to gain some self-esteem. Then they get to playoffs and get beat. It looks to me like the coach would like to receive those gates from those county games. How did Fairview do against Creekwood by the way?

Well... Brentwood was the 5A state champs..... Franklin lost to Brentwood in the 3rd round of the playoffs...... Fairview would have a tough time with those two teams... I think they could play with Centennial and Ravenwood easily..... but as far as a 2A team scheduling a bunch of 5A teams.. and 5A teams with a winning record...

Fairview does have a few tough games this year.... but they could beef up thier schedule alittle bit to get ready for the playoffs :blink:

Well, this year we do not have any teams that are smaller than us on our schedule, and as for the beefing up of the schedule, we have 4 non-region games this year with Cheatham Co. dropping to 2A and into our region. This year's schedule is a step up from last year, with McEwen, Nashville Christain School, Celina, and Watertown. All (not to offend anyone) but lesser teams. This year all the teams are 2A or higher. This years games shoudl be much closer than the games of last year. We lost a large amount of starting seniors but have man y upcoming experienced juniors and seniors. I'm sure everyone is aware of the fact that we don't have Aaron Cothran any longer since he is graduating this Friday. Don't be surprised if we have a strong runnign game this year as usual.

Oh and, I know you ment other teams in Williamson County like Page, Centenial, and Ravenwood, but if we were to play teams like Brentwood then i believe the outcome would be far from our favor considering it has been said and said again that the majority of repeating state championship teams in smaller classifications usually couldn't compete with many teams in 5A. If that makes any sense then cool, if not then I guess what I mean is we should stick with teams we can compete with, and I'm not saying I question what my team is capable of. ok I'm gonna shut up now. I'm just a DB whata i know anyways, right???

Man you rag us for playing smaller teams and then you say we should play bigger schools. Wouldnt that make them playing the little schools so then they should get ragged. Your post makes no sense man get a life and not rag fairview. We play our hearts out that is all that matters.

Yeah we might of lost some key players but we still have a well balanced team. With knew players coming in and taking over both the defense and the offense we should be strong. We got great hands in receivers this year with Todd Hall (Birdman), Matt Patt, and myself. We will have a much better throwing game this year. Make sure you look for Fairview this year and see what we are all about. So dont be talking about us because we dont play big schools. We are a small school ourselves with only 650 students. Like Tank said we play with our hearts and all we need to become winners.

heck yea, thats the way it is! another good poitn would be, even though bigger schools would be a bigger challenge, playing teams that we may see in the playoffs, gives you an advantage, if it just so happens you have to play them in the quarterfinals, semis's or even state. Now don't blow that all outta proportion cuz i know there's someone just waitin for the opportunity to say, i said we were gonna go to state. i'm simply sayin we may play the teams we have in our regular season schedule that are 2a later on in the season as well.

• 2 months later...