State Softball Tournamentbeing held in Mississippi

sourone

I am tired of hearing about peoples long trips to the state tournaments this year Memphis teams have had to travel for the past 8 or more years,It is about time that we can save some money and let the east part of the state spend some. I am also looking forward to getting to watch some great games and performances by some outstanding athletics.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who complain have more time on their hands then the rest of us. Middle Tennessee doesn't really have anywhere to have the Spring Fling. And the only sport to my knowledge playing in MS is softball. I agree that it's time for the other side of the state to travel just like the teams from West Tennessee had to travel for all the past years.

I wonder how many would have been in attendance at the football and basketball finals if they had been held south of the border. For that mater Decatur, AL has beter facilities and is much closer to most of Tennessee High Schools than Mississippi.

Chattanooga is not East Tennessee. Chattanooga is south middle Tennessee.

I doubt anyone with common sense would agree that Memphis is the most centrally located place to have Spring Fling. However, the bashing over playing in Miss. is a little off base. The park is located 5 minutes from the border. It is only being played there this year because they want the new park located in Memphis proper to be ready and right (a good reason if you ask me, but this sure gives the whiners an opening to whine).

Yes, spring fling should be held in a Central Tennessee location. And yes, Memphis put up the most money and got the bid. Maybe if your town had shown as much interest in hosting the event as Memphis, then it would have been there instead of west Arkansas/North Mississippi.

Chattanooga put up a large bid, but to no avail this year. (Just as well, our park is closed due to methane gas!)

I am sick of hearing sportswriters from across the state whine and bash the TSSAA decision to host the event in Memphis. Where were they when it was time to bid?

And Yes, Memphis has a right to complain that they always have to travel. However, I guarantee they never traveled 8 hours (like Jefferson Co.) or 7 hours (like Cumberland Co.). Why? Because there is never a state event held in East Tennessee...and there shouldn't be. Just like there shouldn't be one in Memphis.

Finally, with respect to graduation. Get over it. Welcome to adulthood. I missed the birth of my second child while deployed in the Air Force. This is not defending your country, but at least you do have a choice. It is not up to TSSAA to set when your school's graduation is. That decision was made by your local school board.

Meanwhile, enjoy Beale Street, Graceland, and all of the things to see in Memphis.... and be DAG GUM HAPPY that you are there and not wishing you were like 99% of the rest of the teams across the state.

i hate to say antwan but im not sure that you have ever been to chattanooga than. i live here and i consider myself to live more in middle tenn than east tenn. it still takes me about 5 hours or so to get to the eastern border and about 6 to 7 to get to memphis so it might be more toward the east but its still more in the middle of the state. also you can drive less than 10 minutes from my house and be in central time so were not all that far from the time zone change. but i do agree that the fling should be in middle tennessee. i would probably go and support my team(soddy daisy) if they played in nashville or so. thats not that far from here but im surely not driving out to timbuktu to watch them play. sorry but i think it would be best for all schools involved if it were in middle tenn such as nashville. maybe one day we can all agree on a good place to put it and keep it there and do the best for what really matters the players. i wish all teams at the fling good luck and a great trip and to be careful. a special good luck to the Lady Trojans keep up the good work. later cobra

only on coacht.com can you get an argument over where

east tennessee is and where middle tennessee, you have

got to luv it :huh:

actually, the breakdown of the state (by most circles), has

been that the tennessee river divides west tennessee

from middle tennessee, and the cumberland mountain

range divides middle tennessee from east tennessee,

glad I could help :o

how cumberland co. got in the chattanooga region is a

mystery since it is way up on the hill B)

What is south middle Tennessee????? I don't think it is a grand division of the state. Chattanooga is East Tennessee. According to the Tennessee Blue Book and the TSSAA, Chattanooga is in the Eastern grand division. Someone is going to have to travel no matter what, just rotate it every 3 years or so and everyone will be able to enjoy it and see some good high school athletes.