Farragut vs. Bearden...Let's talk

dcprimus

CBHS would probably beat either team.

I was impressed with CBHS, but to say they would beat either team may be a stretch. They seemed quite talented but I think they may have trouble with the speed and strength of both Bearden and Farragut and with Farragut's depth.

Still, it would be a nice match-up.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knoxsoc how can Christian Brothers possibly be the best team if i am not mistaken i think Christian Brothers lost to Bearden 4-0 last year and that Christian Brothers team was just as good if not better then this years so you cant really say much.

As for the Bearden Farragut game the 4 games we played this year were some of the most intense and best played games. Especially this last one i had so much fun playing in the game i didnt ever want it to end. I have alot of respect for Farragut they are an awesome team I am glad the best 2 teams got to fight it out for a State Title. Although I wish there could have been a better ending but hey thats soccer for you and thats just the way the ball bounced.

I hope next years games are just as great. For all my Bearden senior teammates the run we had was awesome 4 years in a row to state with 2 state titles not to bad.

I think CBHS would be hard for both Bearden or Farragut to handle. This team is very fast, skilled, and confident. Every player does his part and I was very impressed. Yesterday's D2 state final was the only time I saw CBHS and that was good enough for me. They looked better than Bearden or Farragut, but who knows what would happen. It would be a good game.

There was no negative about either school - the simple fact is that all I keep hearing is that whoever wins the AAA division is automatically annointed the best team in the state. In Tennessee as most people know, the private schools have some of the best soccer programs year in year out. Also, you can't compare previous years - last year Bearden proved they were best statewide - no argument there. Of course who would win is simply a matter of opinion but one thing for certain, Farragut or Bearden vs. CBHS would be great soccer.

Edited by knoxsoc

Bearden or Farragut DESTROYING CBHS? That has to be an exaggeration. The styles of play are different to me. CBHS is all possession, while Bearden and Farragut use more long balls and rely on strength. CBHS isnt the strongest team physically, but they play incredibly smart and are incredibly skilled. I still think CBHS has the edge but it would be a close game. I'm not trying to cut down B or F, but it just seems that CBHS is the better team.

Edited by lcsoccer

From all the soccer-watching I've been doing lately, soccer is apparently a very physical game. Therefore size DOES matter, and both Farragut and Bearden have plenty of that. I saw the CBHS after they had won, and they were much smaller kids. Farragut or Bearden would beat them by about 2 goals.

dcprimus saying that Bearden and Farragut would destroy CBHS is a complete exagerration. Farragut, Bearden, and CBHS are in elite company. All that is trying to be stated is that CBHS is just as good as either of those two teams. I don't know why the AAA guys say that CBHS would be killed by Farragut and Bearden, but they are absolutely wrong. Being physically stronger does make a difference which FHS and BHS have the edge in, but skill makes a difference too which CBHS has over everyone in the state. All that is being stated is that CBHS is just as good as FHS and BHS. Don't get defensive just because a D2 team is considered to be as good as a AAA team. Congrats to all three teams on a great season.

The issue is not whether Knoxville Catholic is as good as Farragut or Bearden, but rather is CBHS? I think they are. This year had my team played Farragut the score line would not have gone our way. But like I said this is not about Knox Catholic and Farragut, but now it can be. Play us next year and let's see how the teams match up. Until then.

Dale10, When Bearden played CBHS in 2002 - CBHS had no seniors that day due to exams. But no excuses, Bearden was the best team last year.. just don't think this is the way to determine strength this year. I saw the Bearden/Farragut final this year and I am very confident both teams would have had trouble with us. I am impressed with Bearden and Farragut as well. I think the final NSCAA rankings with be a good objective rating of all three. As of May 19th, Farragut was # 2 and CBHS was ranked # 10 Nationally for the Spring 2003 season. Bearden was not listed ..in error it seems to me as their only losses were to Farragut. Bearden should be listed by the June final ranking since they made to the finals again. Studentsports will have a final ranking as well and I expect Farragut, Bearden, and CBHS to be in the Top 15 at least.

One other thing, 7 of the CBHS seniors played club together and after we won the Region III Super Y - we beat teams like the Houston Texans, Dallas Texans, Solar, and others who were all skilled and much larger players physically who told us they thought they would easily defeat us looking at our small team but they were sadly mistaken. And David slayed Goliath with a pebble.