Ramblings

landergolfer

I'm back from Myrtle Beach and I missed a very busy NASCAR news week. Here is my takes on some of the news in the world of Auto Racing:

1. ISC TAKES LABOR DAY DATE FROM DARLINGTON!

It is a shame NASCAR can not keep some things from their heritage. Taking the Southern 500 is like moving the Green Bay Packers or Chicago Bears to another city on the opposite coast. In the process, Rockingham lost a date. The dates they have this year were not the best of dates and really hurt their chances at selling out the races. I was in the Rockingham Community on the day of the annoucement and it was like they were closing all the businesses and having to move.

2. SKINNER OUT OF THE #4 CAR

No surprise from me. He has not had a finsh on the lead lap all year and missing the Michigan Race was the final factor. Skinner's future is not very clear and chances of him landing at a top team are not very good.

3. NEXTEL CUP?

Another sad change in NASCAR, but one possibly for the better. One thing to watch for is how will this effect all of the other Wireless Providers already in Cup.

4. CITGO LEAVING ROUSH

A sign of the times when a sponser leaves a high class ride. The #99 has not been performing that well but they should find some way to keep the time running.

5. JOHNS0N CITY'S JOHNNY MILLER IN CUP RACE!

Johnny Miller of Johnson City is in the #4 for this weekend's race. Sure he starts 36th but it is his first Cup Race. He is a proven road racer!

The beach is awesome and the golf courses looked great. I played the Cane Patch par 3 twice and it was great. It was too hot to play a big course in the day so we played at night. We ate at the best seafood resturant and I highly recommend Origanal Benjamins on 17 Resturant row in North Myrtle. The closet I got to Conway besides the way home was watching the Hooters Pro Cup race at Myrtle Beach Speedway. Great Racing