Top 5 Head Coaches in East Tennessee

tlove13

I think Coach Hutchins in a very good coach,we here at Jeff Co all thought and hoped he would come back home to Jeff CO but it wasn`t to be ( I don`t think he is a top 5 head Coach though)

#1 George Quarles -Maryville

#2 Scott Meadow-WB (only base on coaching talent)

#3 Clark-DB

#4 Buck Coatney -Fulton

#5 Don Woods-Morr West

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football4doc you obviously don't know anything about football coaches and what it takes to be successful. I am a big fan of coach Mullinax and his style he is a winner and is loyal to his players. He comes from the old school which is not necessarly a bad thing but it was time for him to retire it was time for him personally and it was time for the school to have a change. I wish coach Mullinax the best of luck @ his new challange in Georgia.

Now for coach Hutchins he is one of the up and coming young coaches that is doing a great job. He took a McMinn team that was average and made them into a good solid football team. His style was very different from coach Mullinax. Things were more efficient from a practice and preparation standpoint and the communication between the coaches and players was good. Coach Mullinax did almost all of the coaching on both sides of the ball where Hutchins got his assistants much more involved. Who knows which style is best all I know is that both styles work and both coaches are good people and good football coaches.

Football4doc you obviously don't know anything about football coaches and what it takes to be successful. I am a big fan of coach Mullinax and his style he is a winner and is loyal to his players. He comes from the old school which is not necessarly a bad thing but it was time for him to retire it was time for him personally and it was time for the school to have a change. I wish coach Mullinax the best of luck @ his new challange in Georgia.

Now for coach Hutchins he is one of the up and coming young coaches that is doing a great job. He took a McMinn team that was average and made them into a good solid football team. His style was very different from coach Mullinax. Things were more efficient from a practice and preparation standpoint and the communication between the coaches and players was good. Coach Mullinax did almost all of the coaching on both sides of the ball where Hutchins got his assistants much more involved. Who knows which style is best all I know is that both styles work and both coaches are good people and good football coaches.

the reason mullinax did all the coaching was because the coaching wasnt that good. hutchins should not even be listed because the guy stayed one year. i dont care where he lives, he should not have applied for the job at mcminn if he knew he wasnt going to stay more than one year.

football4doc, Coach Hutching wouldn`t have taken the job if he knew he would be leaving after one year.Coach Hutchins is a very good Coach (I know from Personal experience)

Speaking of Jeff Co,has anyone else thought about how Jeff Co is a Coaching factory in east tennesee? There are some very good Coaches that have come from Jeff Co,Spencer Riley-Karns,Erik Hutchings-SD,George Quarles-Maryville I`m sure I`m leaving out more names. Its like the Green Bay Packers Coaching staff from a few years ago,they just keep putting out more Coaches.I expect Spencer to be a Head Coach in a few years.I guess Coach K does have a legacy

football4doc, Coach Hutching wouldn`t have taken the job if he knew he would be leaving after one year.Coach Hutchins is a very good Coach (I know from Personal experience)

Speaking of Jeff Co,has anyone else thought about how Jeff Co is a Coaching factory in east tennesee? There are some very good Coaches that have come from Jeff Co,Spencer Riley-Karns,Erik Hutchings-SD,George Quarles-Maryville I`m sure I`m leaving out more names. Its like the Green Bay Packers Coaching staff from a few years ago,they just keep putting out more Coaches.I expect Spencer to be a Head Coach in a few years.I guess Coach K does have a legacy

yes those are some quality coaches from jeff co. There are others like Rocky Riley-South Doyle, Trey Ondrus-siegel, Joe Case- Morristown West, Richie Wilhite-Sevier co., David Cagle- high school in Ga? and I am sure there are others. These are all young knowlegeable coaches that have long careers ahead of them.

The coaches consistently being mentioned here are probably the ones I would pick, with one exception: Gary Sexton at Scott High School. He first came on the scene at SHS in 1993 and took the Highlanders to the playoffs for the first time since 1984. After also making the playoffs in 1994, Sexton resigned. Sexton returned as coach in 2003 and immediately put the Highlanders back on track. He's got a great staff, and if he sticks around, you'll see Scott start to complete for the championship of one of Tennessee's toughest region that includes the likes of Fulton, A-E, Anderson County and Kingston.

You know the topic of this post is Top 5 coaches in E TN. and who would you hire? My top 5 are only my opinion and in a perfect world if I had the chance to hire a coach this is the order in which I would proceed. Just because I mention someone and did not mention someone else is only a reflection of what I would look for in a head coach.

It seems I hit a nerve with some people when I mentioned Hutchins as a top 5 coach, in my opinion he is one of the young and upcoming coaches in this area. He did a super job @ McMinn county in his first year and will continue to do a good job @ SD. Good Luck HUTCH we McMinn fans are pulling for you!!!!

This is simple:

1. George Quarles

2. David Ellis

3. Jimmy Gaylor

4. Coach White

5. Coach Humphrey

All of these coaches could be a head coach of any of your picks and totally take your team to the boro (except past maryville) I look on here and see George Quarles is not on your list. 3 gold balls in a row. 41 game streak. I dont understand how he cannot be on a top 5 list after accomplishing this. Im willing to bet anyone in tennesse that none of these coaches will ever come close to Quarles' accomplishments. When they do come tell me. (that is if im not dead by then) And trust me....hes not even close to being done, hes like 35. Quarles hasnt had outstanding tallent at all (except 98) but quarles has led them all the way. The 2002 State Championship game was all Quarles. WHat a play he put together. Put quarles at the top or you are stupid.