Top 5 Head Coaches in East Tennessee

tlove13

Guest region4fan

Bud, Tez has admitted on the Jefferson County Coach thread that he lives in the Boro and is a converted Riverdale fan. Apparently he WAS from William Blount. Good news for Blunt, but bad news for Riverdale, huh??? He is definately a Meadows Man.

Edited by region4fan

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bud and Waco

I agree 100% about Dobyns Bennett not having great talent but having great coaching. Graham Clark does a great job. Dobyns Bennett does not crank out D1 prospects like Riverdale or Melrose. DB reminds me a lot of Maryville.

Cry us all a frickin' river. D-B...somebody correct me if I'm wrong here...has the last player from East Tennessee to be playing in the NFL (Teddy Gaines was a year or two younger than Pennington). They have had more players go to Division I (A/AA) schools than any other school in East Tennessee (including Chattanooga). Graham Clark is overrated, that's all I'm saying here, boys. With all of that talent, they should have won at least one gold ball. Oh...and go ask Sullivan Central/North/South/East/NNE/SSE/NNW/SSW if all of the talent in that area doesn't magically seem to attend Dobyns-Bennett.

As for Maryville, I would watch out for making bedfellows with Dobyns-Bennett, they have a horrible reputation in their area.

Lamon Williams is the best player in the area. He "quit" a team last year and will be playing this year, no doubt. If that were to happen to a player of lesser quality, do you think Clark would let him come back?

No.

As I've said before, I used to live in Blount County and have since moved to Murfreesboro. I follow Riverdale because they have good athletes and I think the world of Gary Rankin. He did something that three other college coaches couldn't do: Harness Eric Locke.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

Tezcat,

Ok I get it! This is all a big joke....Right ?

If not....well you got some serious mental problems.

Again you are wrong on all counts. At least do some research before you post. Well except for Gary Rankin. He is a very good coach and a fine gentleman. Since you are so close to Rankin, talk to him about Coach Clark. He will set you straight about what kind of coach he is.

In the mean time I suggest you seek help from a qualified Physician.

WaCo :D JaCo

Guest region4fan

Harness Eric Locke? Let's see he was caught shoplifting during the playoffs, was a suspect on mucho money missing from the locker room from fellow players, rumored to have stolen big cash from Gary himself, almost flunked out of school.......yeah he was harnessed all right.

But I do think Rankin is a good coach.

They have had more players go to Division I (A/AA) schools than any other school in East Tennessee (including Chattanooga).

That is not even close. DB does have some good ones go to college, but not as many as you think. Show us the numbers Tequiza! Teddy Gaines lasted the preseason in the NFL by the way and got cut. Gary Rankin is a friend to Clark, hasn't he told you this, or is your head still up meadows butt and you could not hear his answer. And; you claim to have moved to the boro and converted to a Riverdale fan. Well I would say thats pretty easy for a William Blount fan to switch to being a Riverdale fan, because Riverdale looks to be the early leader for the 2004 state chamionship. Not to mention several rings already and a talent pool that is the best in 5A. I think you may actually be JPATS5. What do you think WaCo? Either that or I just think Tequiza and Jpats5 will have the same ending. And; hearing someone that knows little about which he speaks is fun because it gives us a chance to prove you wrong and laugh in the process. Lets try to be positive and see how you do for once.

That is not even close. DB does have some good ones go to college, but not as many as you think. Show us the numbers Tequiza! Teddy Gaines lasted the preseason in the NFL by the way and got cut. Gary Rankin is a friend to Clark, hasn't he told you this, or is your head still up meadows butt and you could not hear his answer. And; you claim to have moved to the boro and converted to a Riverdale fan. Well I would say thats pretty easy for a William Blount fan to switch to being a Riverdale fan, because Riverdale looks to be the early leader for the 2004 state chamionship. Not to mention several rings already and a talent pool that is the best in 5A. I think you may actually be JPATS5. What do you think WaCo? Either that or I just think Tequiza and Jpats5 will have the same ending. And; hearing someone that knows little about which he speaks is fun because it gives us a chance to prove you wrong and laugh in the process. Lets try to be positive and see how you do for once.

If Teddy Gaines didn't make it in the NFL, then stop promoting him as an NFL player for the 49ers in your media guide.

When I lived in Blount County, I actually was not a William Blount fan, because I did not like their coach at the time, Steve Fickert.

Sounds like I've touched a nerve for you D-B folks...at least Oakland people can "debate" with somewhat sensibility.

I've actually never met Coach Rankin, but I would love to do so.

Tlip,

Dobyns-Bennett has had some really good high school football players who were able to reach their potential because of excellent coaching from Graham Clark and his staff. The kicker from the 2002 team, Ethan Gouge, signed with the Naval Academy and our RB/LB Jacob McMillian signed with the Air Force Academy (both D-1)...the 2003 team has had players sign with Tusculum (Dustin Gaines), Maryville (Chase Flanary), and Carson Newman (Cedric Hodge), and have others still be recruited (Phillip Tritapoe, Walker Throp, and Ryan Powell) trying to make decisions as to where to go. All are good kids who play hard and are coachable.

One of the things I find most interesting about the posts on coachT is that so many people profess to know things that they are truly clueless about...yet post none the less...Dobyns-Bennett's reputation in our area is one of sportsmanship (winner of the official's annual sportsmanship award more than any other school) and quality.

There have been kids who did not function at the highest level of propriety (as with all schools) and they have been dealt with, the details of these dealings neither you nor I know, nor should we...To put forth a hypothetical situation, let's say I am the parent of a very talented athlete, let's say a football player, and I live in Blount County, I surmise that my child will have a better opportunity to grow and excell in the Maryville High School football program, because of the tradition, the success, the visability (thus the potential opportunity to be seen by more college recruiters), the stability, etc....the other programs in the Blount County area are great, Alcoa, Wm Blount, Heritage all are outstanding, please don't get angry, this is a perception...the same perception holds true for Dobyns-Bennett, many people in Northeast Tennessee would put D-B in the same scenerio as I just did Maryville, thus players transfer to schools they and their parents think will provide the best opportunity for them to grow, develope, and excell. They may move into a town, a school district, or pay tuition, it's what is best for the child. It can take away from other schools, but those other schools in Northeast Tennessee (Sullivan County) still do a great job and are highly competitive. I'd say there has been a similar situation between Riverdale and Oakland, but I don't know enough facts to put forth a statement about them, so I won't.

The Dobyns-Bennett coaching staff does a great job and the players play with such heart.

Maybe you should know more about your subject matter before you again write something so wrong.

Roll Tribe Roll _

Edited by skunk