Top 5 Head Coaches in East Tennessee

tlove13

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Young of CAK, he began coaching CAK last year, and it was their 2nd varsity football season. Their first season under Chip Strickland they went 0-8. Their second season under Coach Young they went 3-7. This season they are 6-4, they beat cloudland last night, and going into the second round of the playoffs. Talk about a heck of a coach, anyone who can turn a completely new varsity team around that quickly deserves Coach of the Year.

Edited by BUBBA61

Ctcsports, You have to be kidding? Ryan, Shawn and Jason Witten had stellar careers at Elizabethton playing for their grandfather, Dave Rider. Ryan is now coaching and I think he played a while at UVA-Wise, Shawn had a fine career and graduated from VA TECH, and Jason is playing with the Cowboys after a fine run at UT. They did overshadow a lot of players, but all three were team players.

Question is, who would I hire? Dave Rider, then I'd go to Quarles of Maryville, then Clark of DB

folks in a five year stretch Ken Colquette was 56-1 with 3 or 4 State Titles. That's all you need to know.

Well, if your going to throw that out there then how about Benny Monroe? Cleveland was tied with the second longest winning streak in the nation. If your going to throw the "legends" in there then my vote goes to Coach Monroe....

Edited by Xander Zone

What is really unbelievable is the fact that no one has mentioned Coach Satterfield from Trousdale County.  Another thing is the fact that in the early 90's no one thought Coach Turner at Kirkland was a good coach, but all of a sudden he's a good coach.  I am not disputing that fact, because he was up against a lot at Kirkland.  You all on this board are really funny reading your posts.

Warrior2024 mentioned him and so did someone after you, but I'll mention him.

1. Clint Satterfield - Trousdale County

2. Ken Colquit - Grundy County

3. Vic Grider - South Pittsburg

4. Satterfield- Greenback

5. Akins- Boyd

6. Monroe- Cleveland

7. Danny Wilson

Edited by rlh

1)Don Woods- MW - Great coach, turned the program around. WE WILL WIN STATE ONCE WHILE HES HERE.

2)Quarles - Murvil- The Streak and 3 straight state titles speak for themselves

3)Meadows-JeffCo- this man would have been my #3, but after the West/Jeff game and his inability to holdd back players that tried to fight, hes probably a bottom 5 candidate