Top 5 Head Coaches in East Tennessee

tlove13

Quarles-

1) Took an already winning program, let's see him take Midway or Heritage to the Murf'.

2) Players secretly hate him.

3) Has a huge discipline problem.

1) "Took an already winning program"......Good point thecatlicksahola, Murvul was hotter than a $4 dollar pistol the first 4 games in 2000, at 0-4. Ol' GQ took tha Rebs to tha' "Murf'" that year only time ever in the history of the TSSAA a team started 0-4, won 11 in a row and a gold ball.

2) "Players secretly hate him"........They sure do. That's why they have such a small squad. Last count ,I believe there is something like 145 in the program. I wished the players hated him more, like Vince Lombardi's players hated him.

3) "Has a huge discipline problem.".......Yeah, but if that gets too huge they don't play anymore. I wanted all those discipline problems play at Central last year, but they didn't. I also wanted to see an all-state RB play his senior season at MHS. GQ has lost control. I know more than GQ. But he is still 63-9, with 3 gold footballs.

825 Lawrence.

Go Rebs.

I agree good post Stars.

Anyone that could but together a list of the top 5 coaches in East Tennessee and not include George Quarles is either; jealous, dosen't know much about High School football, or is kidding. Regardless of the reason they should just be ignored.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarles would be on the list before Graham Clark, period, I would just like to see him at a school without a winning tradition and one that didn't win a state title in the year prior to him taking the job.

I'll be willing to bet that this "kicked off" player for D-B (who happens to be a MAJOR Division I-A prospect) is playing this year.

I'll be willing to bet that this "kicked off" player for D-B (who happens to be a MAJOR Division I-A prospect) is playing this year.

So what if he is? You don't know him or the situation. If the kid plays, then he deserves to play. He was not kicked off either. He would not take the punishment and walked away on his own. He had the option. If he wants to play and be a part of the team, he will do as anyone else will do and that is final.

Oh and you never answered the question we all keeping asking; Who is your team that is great, mighty, and perfect? Also, you did not address the Clark 3-0 vs Meadows (who coached more talent) issue. You like stirring up trouble, but you never answer because you know you are wrong. Nobody enjoys your constant low blows to any and every coach and football program that you don't like. I sense jealousy from a William Blount fan? I think so.

Edited by bud

Quarles and Clark are the top two coaches in East Tn., fill in the blanks for 3 thru 5 with whoever. How do I know this? Just look at the records.

Tezcat, I have now read all your post from day one, and your wrong in all of them. When you post something thats correct, I'll let you know.

WaCo :blink: JaCo

I am from Blount County, but am a converted Riverdale fan, since I've lived here for so long. I just think that Coach Rankin is, by far, one of the best coaches in the state, along with Coach Meadows.

As for you D-B people...don't get mad at ME because you all have truckloads of ability up there (NFL player, D-1A players out the rear) and can NEVER get to the BlueCross Bowl. There's no jealousy here, my team's been there, done that. When you all stop living in the past with those mythical state championships, I'll let YOU know, Wacococojooc.

Read through all of my posts, I don't care, everything I say is a FACT. And here's the most important thing I've ever posted:

People wouldn't be mad if it wasn't true. The truth hurts.

Well first of all sounds like your the only one mad there Tezcat, or are you JPATS5 ? Second: you don't have a team. And by the way, everybodys State Championships are in the past. As for your post being FACT. Lets just see you try to prove one of them. Just one! Take your pick.

WaCo :blink: JaCo

........it don't bother me to expose the stupidity

all i have to say is wait to see what Tom Weathers does w/ the Soddy-Daisy program.

They have 16 players returning w/ significant playing time only, loosing 4 starters on defense

those kids made it to the playoffs last year and now they have a great coach who has already proven himself b-4

soddy will have a strong program this year and w/ the help of their new coach Tom Weathers they should make it far

They have the size average line man avg around 275-300 lbs, the experience as i have already said, and the coaching

this team has a chance to go far w/ the guidance of Tom Weathers

and as for D-B

yall should have a great team b/c yalls school has the entire city to pick from b/c yall are the only school there

when u have a wider variety of players to choose from you are bound to get more "great" players than other teams

u have the unfair advantage at which other schools dont have the option

D-B should always have a good team and w/ the wide area at which they can pick and choose their athletes, i am surprised they dont get farther than oak ridge

we almost beat them

we raped them in every stat but we couldnt put it in the endzone, no joke we beat them on everything besides points

are game against yall, we just couldnt stop the pass

so we were in a pass defense the whole time, and that opened yalls runnin game

i had to say that about D-B b/c they have the opportunity to pick from an area 3 times as large as my school does

we raped them in every stat but we couldnt put it in the endzone, no joke we beat them on everything besides points

Well thats always how it goes. We all believe you of course. I mean you raped us us in every stat but the endzone. And what sourgrapes team would you be from? I bet you sure did rape us because I had to get so much therapy after you guys raped us because I can't even remember your team. But darn, you guys sure raped us everywhere but the scoreboard. Darn, thats a first. Watch out these guys will rape you in every aspect but the scoreboard. Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Cause they will beat the crap out of your team in every aspect, but the scoreboard. Can you please tell me which team it is that DB should surrender to because we want to know. We would like to give up because we would not want to be molested in any way. Please don't hurt us.

And PS Soddy has an area 5x as large as DB. Don't give us any excuses as to why you lost. Soddy was a doormat in my opinion. DB took it easy on you with a 28-6 butt whoopin. Care to remind us? I did not think so

we almost beat them

Wow you sure almost did. 28-6. All of Kingsport was crappin in their britches. I thought we needed to win by at least 35, But darn; we only beat you by 22; you really showed us!

Edited by bud

bat-brain-willy,

I don't think you have ever been to Kingsport. This is a pretty small city here. As for the wide area we have to draw from, well that just don't exist. As the crow flys, we have a 3A (Sullivan North) and 4A (Sullivan South) school within 1 mile of DB. Volunteer High School is about 7 miles away as the crow flys.

I take it your a Soddy fan. I was at that game, and the only time I remember Soddy doing anything was on the last play of the first half. I can't even remember how they scored the 6 points. I do remember your quarterback running for his life on every single play. The score should of been more like 45-0, but Coach Clark never goes for the kill. If you think Soddy beat us everywhere but the scoreboard, why don't you put those stats up so we can all see.

WaCo :D JaCo