Am I the only person to be surprised that Ron Slay wasn't drafted and that little wimp Luke Walton was. I guess it all depends on who you are. Others that I thought would of been drafted but weren't were Hollis Price(Oklahoma)and Chris Marcus(Western Kentucky). Maybe they'll make a team somewhere. :D

Am I the only person to be surprised that Ron Slay wasn't drafted and that little wimp Luke Walton was. I guess it all depends on who you are. Others that I thought would of been drafted but weren't were Hollis Price(Oklahoma)and Chris Marcus(Western Kentucky). Maybe they'll make a team somewhere. :D

Slay is a punk who never matured. Walton is mature and an extremely gifted passer...though his name doesn't hurt him.

Slay is a punk who never matured.  Walton is mature and an extremely gifted passer...though his name doesn't hurt him.

Slay, a punk what Tennessee did you watch? Ron Slay led that team last year with heart and determanation! Did you forget he was also voted the Associated Press SEC Player of the Year! He led the SEC in Ave. points a game, was 2nd in total points scored, 3rd in Total Rebounding and 1st in Defensive Rebounds!

Slay will land somewhere and make an NBA team I believe. I don't know if anyone else has seem him recently, but he has worked extremely hard and has slimmed down by around twenty or thirty pounds. Walton makes since going to the team he did. His passing skills work very well in the triangle offense of LA.

First off...

Walton was drafted in the second round. He hasn't made jack squat yet, second round picks are not guaranteed a contract.

Slay is listed at 6'8...and although his ball handling is good for a man of his size, his speed and athleticism are not up to the standards or the NBA small forward. Probably the hardest position to play is small forward...and if you really think about it, the small forwards who are above average in the NBA, have great outside shots...

The truth is, it's very hard to be a great player at the 3. You have to be able to go inside and outside (I think Slay can do it)...I like Slay, saw him play every college home game in person, Slay might not be able to guard the smaller quicker 3's in the NBA. The Mike Millers if you will.

Slay, a punk what Tennessee did you watch? Ron Slay led that team last year with heart and determanation! Did you forget he was also voted the Associated Press SEC Player of the Year! He led the SEC in Ave. points a game, was 2nd in total points scored, 3rd in Total Rebounding and 1st in Defensive Rebounds!

Great for him. But this is the NBA, college awards mean jack squat. Just like a region MVP doesn't do anything for you in college, but even moreso.

And I saw the same Slay that, earlier in his career, refused to admit that Rahim Lockhart simply owned him when Ole Miss hammered Tennessee in the SEC tourney, he instead blamed getting totally overmatched on the refs. And for what it's worth, I've seen a *LOT* of punks lead their teams.

Maybe he's lost that side, but I haven't seen any reason to believe he has.

Slay might be a punk, I really don't know, but he did play with a lot of heart this year. He surprised me, I didn't think he had much of it until this then. He was argueably the best player in the SEC. I also think he will make it somewhere in the NBA. How about the Grizz getting Dantay Jones and Troy Bell? I liked that. Did anybody else? :D

Ron Slay was the big "leader" at Tennessee. I thought he showed he could hit the three (making alot of three pointers from the T in Tennessee at Thompson-Bowling Arena, or go inside. He should have been drafted, but I also think he will end up in the NBA. He is a great ball player, always making the "big plays" Tennessee needed. What gave yall the idea he's a ""punk"" ?

If the refs beat you, they beat you. I can especialy say thats true at Florida.(Sometimes I think they really bribed the refs.)

Good ball handling, nice all-around player.

Ego, I agree with you that the 3 spot is hard to play in the NBA. I think he should have AT LEAST gotten a chance. :P

Edited by score3

The 3 is the hardest position to play...PERIOD

4 and 5 is simple, rebound, defend, score.

1 dribble, don't turn it over, get assists, score, defend.

2...shoot the 3, defend (no one expects you to get a lot of assists or rebound).

3...do it all possibly ? :P

Slay is a good player, but I think Matt Bonner is a better shooter, and he might be a better outside player...I'm not sure though.