Midstate Ballerz 17's in Adidas Atlanta Title Game

The Midstate Ballerz Elite 17's just returned from the prestigious Adidas Atlanta Basketball Classic where the Ballerz went 6-1, losing in the Championship game to arguably the #1 team in the country, the Atlanta Celtics, 87-78...

The Ballerz beat #4 ranked Sports Academy (La), in the semifinals (Sports Academy finished #2 in the country last year), 77-72...

The Ballerz beat previously #7 ranked Georgia Stars in the quarterfinals, after beating a very good Rhode Island Hawks group in the round of 16...

In pool play, the Ballerz defeated highly touted Baltimore Bombers (who advanced to the final 8 with a win over Arkansas Hawks) 92-77, beat the Kenny Anderson All-Stars (GA), and the Hopstars out of Columbus, Ohio...

Overall, this was an outstanding showing by the only Tennessee team in the prestigious 20 team event. The win over Sports Academy (La) marks arguably the best team a Ballerz team has defeated, at SA is ranked #4 Nationally by Prepstars...

Reiley Ervin (White Station), Courtney Pigram (White Station), and Antwon Harris (Kenwood) all were named to the 10 man All-Tournament team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Statistical leaders were:

19.9 ppg...Courtney Pigram, White Station

12.4 ppg...Reiley Ervin, White Station

10.1 ppg...Antwon Harris, Kenwood

9.4 ppg...LaBrian Lyons, Riverdale

7.1 ppg...Leslie Delk, Haywood Co

6.7 ppg...Michael McCutchen, Chester Co

Rebounds:

8.1 rpg...Antwon Harris

4.0 rpg...LaBrian Lyons

3.9 rpg...Jamar Jenkins, Forrest

3.3 rpg...Courtney Pigram

3.0 rpg...Jason Black, Westview

Assists:

6.3 apg...Reiley Ervin

2.3 apg...LaBrian Lyons

2.3 apg...Josh Artis, Hopkinsville

Steals:

3.7 spg...Courtney Pigram

1.7 spg...Josh Artis

1.6 spg...Reiley Ervin

1.6 spg...Jason Black

3pt FG%:

50.0% LaBrian Lyons (9-18)

50.0% Antwon Harris (1-2)

46.7% Michael McCutchen (7-15)

42.4% Reiley Ervin (14-33)

Charges taken:

5...Reiley Ervin

3...Michael McCutchen

3...LaBrian Lyons

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach,

You are going to get on here and talk stuff??? Wow... class act for a PG who has no room to talk.... Who have the Travelers beaten this year with their whole squad??? NOBODY.

Anyways... the teams we played had most of their players, as did we. We were missing three guys, including two starters and our best three point shooter... so what do you think about that??? The Bombers had their whole team. The Stars were missing two. Sports Academy was missing only one player, and had their star, #7 ranked nationally (www.theinsidershoops.com) Glen Davis. And the Celtics were missing a few, but picked up some, and are so loaded it didn't matter anyways....

Congrats again to our hard working bunch that continues to shock the world....

Grizzly....

You don't get out much...

Glenn Davis is a Top 10 player Nationally by theinsidershoops.com. Josh Smith is the #1 PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY according to Basketballphenoms.com. Dwayne Day is a Top 50. Channing Toney is a Top 50 (recruited by UNC, Florida, Florida St). Wynton Witherspoon is a 6'7 WF recruited by Highs. Ga Stars have two other 6'9 athletes who are recruited between Mid to High. 6'6 PG Garrett Temple of La SA is LSU starter Collin Temple's brother, and is a Top 100. Toney Douglas is a Top 100, and committed to Auburn. Robbie Simpson is a 6'9 F from Louisville who is a Top 100. Brandon Rush is a 6'7 G who is Kareem Rush's brother, and WILL BE THE #1 JR IN THE NATION (just reclassified). Clinkscales is an underrated Top 100 player (from FL with the Celtics). Grigsby from Nebraska is a player, and his team, who didn't win much in Atlanta, BEAT THE TRAVELERS in Houston. JuJuan Robinson is a High Major guard from Baltimore. Alex Gordon and Taurean Green are Top 100 Nationally ranked players from Florida. Hannah is a stud from Chicago. And these are just the guys off the top of my head....

There: facts to refute Zach's and Grizzly's posts.

http://www.youthprepstar.com/ABCClassic.htm

http://www.prepstars.com/recruiting_news/2...upoll053103.jsp

http://www.prepstars.com/rankings_and_scho...04/2003/spring/

http://theinsidershoops.theinsiders.com/2/118885.html

http://www.basketballphenoms.com/?ButText=...et=%5Fself&Id=6

http://www.basketballphenoms.com/?ButText=...et=%5Fself&Id=6

Glen wasn't there he was at NBA camp he was on Corey Brewer's team, come on GoMab you're grown don't lie to us youngsters. Also, we only lost once in Houston and made it to the semi's, but had to catch a plane back, and the team we lost to was from Oklahoma.

Edited by Travelerboy4

Palmer,

Glen Davis WAS in Atlanta, smartguy. We played against all 330 pounds of him, and scouting services saw him as well, so don't act like you're that ignorant. As for Houston, ya'll lost to Omaha Rebels in Pool play, a team that couldn't advance in Atlanta, and then lost in the tourney EARLY to a mediocre Gateway BB Club. David, you guys get a #1 seed in almost every tourney you go to, and you guys can't win games, period. You got blown out in T.O.C. You got rocked in Houston. You guys are like 9-18 on the year. Quit talking stuff until you start backing it up.

Again, you are lucky you haven't had to play the Ballerz, and any of the top Memphis teams who would all drill the Travelers, including the Bobcats, Bulldogs, and of course YOMCA... You guys lost to the 5th place AAU team in the State, Tn Breakers... So David, quit talking trash and win a game or two... Then get back to me...

Edited by gomab2

Palmer...

I'm 6'7, and was on the MTSU squad my freshman year, where I could have played for four years had I chose to, instead deciding to concentrate on coaching. As for the Team rankings, all I will say is that we are moving in the right direction... Be careful who you talk stuff to Palmer. The word is already out that you have a bad attitude, and now I'm beginning to see why. You just better hope you guys can avoid playing us again next year.