Games vs. Out of State Opponents

AintSkeerd59

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to see arguably one of the toughest high school schedules ever, look at Evangel Christian's schedule this year. Talking about out of state teams. Wow!

2003 Evangel Christian Academy football schedule

Date Home or away Opponent Opponent record in 2002

Sept. 12 Away Suwannee High (Live Oak, Fla.) 9-3, Florida Class 3A regional semifinalist

Sept. 20 **Home Longview (Tex.) High 9-4, Texas Class 5A Division II quarterfinalist

Sept. 27 **Home Rockhurst High (Kansas City, Mo.) 13-0, Missouri Class 6 state champion, No. 6 infinal USA TODAY Super 25

Oct. 3 Away Hoover ( Ala.) High, Alabama 14-1, Alabama Class 6A state champion

Oct. 10 Away Ruston (La.) High 4-7, lost in first round of Louisiana Class 5A playoffs

Oct. 17 *Home Natchitoches (La.) Central High 6-6, lost in second round of Louisiana Class 5A playoffs

Oct. 24 ***Away De La Salle High (Concord, Calif.) 13-0, No.1 in final USA TODAY Super 25

Oct. 31 Away Huntington High (Shreveport) 9-3, lost in second round of Louisiana Class 5A playoffs.

Nov. 7 *Home Southwood High (Shreveport) 4-6, Louisiana Class 5A.

Evangel should be able to hang with De La Salle. They have been a perennial national power for about the last 10 years. For a school that has only fielded a football team for 13 seasons, they have won eight state championships, been nationally ranked 7 times, and had 2 usatoday national players of the year. They have a running back already committed to Texas and 5 other seniors expected to sign to major programs. Should be a great game.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• Making 100,000 a year not a bad gig
    • Yep..could possibly have 3 teams ranked in top ten in the same four team district.
    • He had an opportunity to be the OC at TC without final say in the offensive gameplan. How does that work? Smh. Head Coaches are public figures regardless of the community size, and yes there are some out there, it’s irrelevant and not fair to them to name them on here. Also why is said “head coach” the head coach of the MS baseball program to begin with? Oh because no one wants it. As for the Lebanon question, I know what I’ve been told so just going off here say, some of the boosters were not happy with his roster decisions and wanted him out. Although he lead them to 20+ wins in multiple seasons 
    • A head coach in the school system? No I dont think so. Head coaches are public figures in small communities. Not trying to slander, but this is an actual question. Do you know why he was forced to resign at Lebanon? This was his second chance.  He already left trousdale once and had an opportunity to come back a couple of years ago but spoiled that. 
    • Are you perfect? Nope no one is, at the end of the day there are several teachers/coaches and even some in the Trousdale County school system that have DUI’s on their record. You’re correct on it being a bad mistake and it unfortunately could have ended horribly. While you consider the consequences minimal, I can assure you they are not. Ultimately I hope and have faith that he will learn from it and use it to better himself.