David Wolke

Guest region4fan

Guest region4fan

I am stunned that the incident involving David Wolke has not been addressed on this forum. I am not completetly clear on all the details, but he was arrested for assault. If I am not mistaken, the young man that he struck received a concussion and was a former teammate ( Brandon James, who left to play baseball). He also shoved his ex-girlfriend. As Wolke is 18, this could have some consequences on his recruiting. Anyone have any more details ? It was supposedly in the Daily News Journal today!

Wolke is the highly touted QB from Smyrna High who has been highly recruited from some major colleges, and was picked by Murphy Fair as a pre-season ALL STATE player.

Edited by region4fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This news comes as a complete shock to me. I knew notting or heard anything about it. David has always seemed like a nice guys. Never seemed like he would cause any trouble. Like i said this comes as complete shock to me. Do you think this will have an effect on his playing time this year?

Guest region4fan

No, I do not think it will affect his playing time. I seriously doubt that he will be punished for it at all by his coach. I do not think it happened on school grounds. However, I do feel that it will cause even more friction on the team. After all, this was a young man who used to be his teammate. I am sure that Brandon James has many friends still on the team. Of course there was always talk that there was such favoritism towards Wolke. If he is not punished by his coach, this will only make those feelings worse.

Where is SHS HEADBUSTA????? I would like to know what is the inside track on this.

Edited by region4fan

Although this is new to me as well, i will be brutaly honest with you and say that it MAKES ME MAD. I played with Wolke through little league and Middle School and this kid has what its got to play at the next level. And for him to sacrifice it? I want to see someone big come out of Rutherford County. :)

Edited by QueenBee

Guest region4fan

I agree with you Shady. Why do these kids who have so much going for them do such stupid things??? I am hearing that it all centered around jealousy over his ex-girlfriend. With him being 18 could cause him some problems. Isn't there some kind of rule that you can't get scholarship money if you have been convicted of a crime?

I agree with you Shady. Why do these kids who have so much going for them do such stupid things??? I am hearing that it all centered around jealousy over his ex-girlfriend. With him being 18 could cause him some problems. Isn't there some kind of rule that you can't get scholarship money if you have been convicted of a crime?

Haven't you made quite a jump going from wondering if rumors you heard are true to asking about the consequences of being convicted of a crime? Your jubilation at the prospects of this happening are, in lieu of more facts, as sad as the incident itself.

Guest region4fan

Coacht...I am humbly admonished. I realize that this is a sad situation, where a very talented kid made a huge mistake that I hope will not cost him. However, I have seen several high school athletes over the years getting such special treatment that they think they are above the rules. So maybe this kid can learn from this ( if he is punished) and move on. I am sure that he is a role model to many younger boys in Smyrna.

I have now read the article in the Daily News Journal and this is no rumor. The kid was arrested for assault.

Coacht...I am humbly admonished. I realize that this is a sad situation, where a very talented kid made a huge mistake that I hope will not cost him. However, I have seen several high school athletes over the years getting such special treatment that they think they are above the rules. So maybe this kid can learn from this ( if he is punished) and move on. I am sure that he is a role model to many younger boys in Smyrna.

I have now read the article in the Daily News Journal and this is no rumor. The kid was arrested for assault.

I've read it as well in the subscription part of the DNJ on-line, so it is not a rumor.

I had heard great things of the young man so I hope this is an isolated incident and not an indication of more problems to come.

The DNJ article mentioned he is 18. That's an adult in any book so this is more serious than some junior high scuffle. I just hope for his sake that this is shown to be an over reaction in charging him with assault.

Hey guys all you have heard is the DNJ's version! He may have done wrong or maybe he didn't, I'd like to hear his side of the story! I know he gets on here every now and then, maybe he'll tell us his version! I've talked to him several times and he was always very nice and had a good attitude! I'd be willing to bet there's more to this story! Until we know go easy on the kid! Just think if it were your son!! :)

Region4Fan you are right. I think athletes do get a little preferential treatment sometimes. I remember a while back when Brett Trott and Alvin McDermont beat up a teammate in the offseason, they didn't get suspended or anything. I even think it was on school grounds. That is just the way it is sometimes. I guess the legal system deals with this more effectively than coaches.

i really dont want to get into it its really none of my business,but i will let you know this smyrna did not scrimmage tody,our next scrimmage is friday at overton im pretty sure.dont know the time yet.ill try to get back.when an incident like this happens all a team can do is pull closer together,and thats what we're doing.im sure that everyone will be happy to see it over with.