public/private split

what does everyone here think about the public/private split.i think it's stupid.i understand how people feel when a private school down the street beats them with kids who should be going to their school but get over it.i think we can't have true state champions in all 5 classes until this is fixed and the private school playoffs are a joke i mean 4 teams getting in the playofs in 1 class and only 6 in another that is really dumb and watered down.schools wouldn't have a problem getting 10 games if they didn't have a split more teams would be in regions it'd be great we would have less 1 and 9 and 2 and 8 teams in the playofs.should california punish de la salle for being unbeatable or should we seperate maryville from tssaa for being great? i heard mhs takes william blont,heritage and alcoa players that are good so should they be punished? if i went to school in a heritage district and wanted to play football i'd go to maryville just to get noticed better but the subject remains public/private split is really dumb.

Edited by footballfan007

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does everyone here think about the public/private split.i think it's stupid.i understand how people feel when a private school down the street beats them with kids who should be going to their school but get over it.i think we can't have true state champions in all 5 classes until this is fixed and the private school playoffs are a joke i mean 4 teams getting in the playofs in 1 class and only 6 in another that is really dumb and watered down.schools wouldn't have a problem getting 10 games if they didn't have a split more teams would be in regions it'd be great.should california punish de la salle for being unbeatable or should we seperate maryville from tssaa for being great? i heard mhs takes william blont,heritage and alcoa players that are good so should they be punished?

I think this thread is destined to be moved.

Guest cneagles

I feel that private schools and AAU are both destroying High School sports. If you want them in a region then do away with the financial aide and scholarships. Or do away with Private athletics all together. They still go there to get their "education" but they have to play sports for the school in which they are zoned. AAU is just plain stupid. Makes basketball and baseball a year round sport and hurts football

It doesn't suprise me that this is an issue. But even dumber than this is why you have 5 classes in football and 3 in everything else. Are we the only state that does that? or did we borrow that from someone. If you are 3-a then you should be 3-a across the board and create rivalries. There are some good football rivaries that the 2 schools never play each other in any other sport. Let's solve this issue before we split anything! IN MY OPINION!

Cavcav,

Several midwestern states use different classifications for different sports. Illinois for years only had 2 classes for basketball. The whole post-season was single elimination. However, I think there should be 4 classes in football, 5 is too many. But...back to the thread, only in TN do we have this discussion. There is no good reason why Public and Privates shouldn't play each other. Let the Super-Seven be 5-A. Sometimes they will win, sometimes they won't, but one thing is for sure, there will be better football in this state.

I feel that private schools and AAU are both destroying High School sports. If you want them in a region then do away with the financial aide and scholarships. Or do away with Private athletics all together. They still go there to get their "education" but they have to play sports for the school in which they are zoned. AAU is just plain stupid. Makes basketball and baseball a year round sport and hurts football

See what I mean!!!!

This is the general public school mentality towards private schools. cneagles epitomizes the idiocy of this whole mess. He would accept them in a region of they did away with scholarships and finacial aide!

LOL!!

In the meantime I guess private schools will continue to destroy high school sports.

Give me a break! :)

i meant no harm with my comments but in illinois new lenox providence catholic destroys everyone to get state almost every year as does chicago mt.carmel yet they voted down having a public/private split big time they figure why fix it when it ain't broke i get tired of hearing public schools who win state say oh yea we could beat brentwood academy or whoever their size won the state title in private league.i mean really private schools think tssaa is jipping them by seperating them but then tssaa gets $$$$ off them i heard private schools will start their own association soon like they did when wisconsin schools kicked them out