Tullahoma Cross Country

binns37388

The Tullahoma boys cross country team dominated the Macon Co Invitational today in Lafayette. The Cats finished first by a wide margin over second play LaVergne and third play Murf. siegel. Tullahoma had five runners who finished in the top 14. There were 14 schools in the boys meet. Coach David Muckles team has finished first in both meets they have run. They are the defending Region champions.

I'm not sure of the times. Coach Muckle has that info. I just drove the bus. I think it's a 3 mile course and their times range from the 17 to 19 minute range, but we may have had one or two in the 16 minute range. THS had the second and third place times and a runner from Lebanon won the individual championship and the Vols should have won 27-0 over Fresno St.

Guest kenwoodrun

Tullahoma embarrased the field. And their times were extremely good due to the nature of this course........which I am going to question its length. A winning time of 15:54 by someone from Lebanon in late August is absurdly fast...unless the course is short or just extremely fast. And Jamie Babb is in pretty good shape, but 19:55 came awfully easy to her as well. Siegal's girls looked pretty tough too...I'd say they'll make all kinds of noise in that Cookeville region. The interesting question w/ Tullahoma is are they good enough to take out Brentwood Academy in the conference meet this year? That's what I'm looking forward to see...the Tullahoma v. B.A. battle.

The boys region in 5AAA is going to be tougher this year than it was last year...I just see it coming. Lavergne may be ready for a little resurgence.

Tullahoma embarrased the field. And their times were extremely good due to the nature of this course........which I am going to question its length. A winning time of 15:54 by someone from Lebanon in late August is absurdly fast...unless the course is short or just extremely fast. And Jamie Babb is in pretty good shape, but 19:55 came awfully easy to her as well. Siegal's girls looked pretty tough too...I'd say they'll make all kinds of noise in that Cookeville region. The interesting question w/ Tullahoma is are they good enough to take out Brentwood Academy in the conference meet this year? That's what I'm looking forward to see...the Tullahoma v. B.A. battle.

The boys region in 5AAA is going to be tougher this year than it was last year...I just see it coming. Lavergne may be ready for a little resurgence.

Kenwoodrun, you're right, that should be a good battle this year! Are they still running conference at Tompkins Farm? Bumbi will win the race, I don't have much doubt about that, and the rest of the Eagles will be very good this year. I don't know a lot about Tullahoma, but they'll have their work cut out for them.

Guest kenwoodrun

Actually, we're off to Smyrna this afternoon. Tomkins Farm has been retired, much to my sadness. I would certainly put all my $$$ on Bumbi individually, he's the closest thing to a lock that there is in XC. Unfortunately, if I'm not mistaken, BA and Tullahoma are in different divisions this afternoon and won't get to go head to head yet. But it's the same course, so the times should compare pretty evenly. The real matchup comes in October at Conference when it counts, so we'll get to see it eventually. I wouldn't bet against BA, but I know that Tullahoma will be able to contend w/ them at the very least.