Macon Co. at Portland

muffin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland{ 0-1} hosts Macon Co.{ 1-0 } any thoughts or predictons on this game?

This is a crucial region game. There are several of them this week in our region.

The 1st week in going to tell much about who are contenders and who are pretenders. I expect Portland to win a very close game. Trousdale at York, Smith County at Livingston. The losers will have an uphill battle for the region title.

Edited by Antwan

I had the priviledge of watching the Portland-White House game on Thursday, and needless to say I was really impressed with the Panthers. Everyone talks about how Portland is down this year, and other stuff like that. With that being said, I will now verify that they are not down. They are a very good football team, and I'm going the agree with 71fan and say they are the team to beat. However, I am a Macon County fan and I will not say they don't have a chance to win. If they can stretch the field and get some pass protection they can throw the ball against the Panthers. That is how White House beat them, and that will be how the Tigers have to beat them. The Tigers have seen the wing-t numerous times this year already, and should be prepared. But the Portland quarterback is the stuff, and the Tigers must contain him. If the Tigers throw the ball well, and avoid those costly turnovers they win 24-21. Go Tigers!

I'm going out on a limb here and saying Macon County will win this ball game. White House or Portland weren't all that great looking. You would have thought White House had never seen Portland's speed sweep and belly plays. I just ask people not to throw Portland or White House to the forefront for a couple of more weeks. They're not better than average. Everybody has an opinion.

Edited by bigreid