Oakland @ Franklin

FHSrebel27

Well folks, here we are. This is by far one of the most anticipated games here early in this season. The Franklin Rebels (2-1; 1-0 Region 6-5A) will play host to the Oakland Patriots this Friday night. Franklin will be coming into the game fairly fresh after an easy 40-0 win over Henry County in which many of the starters did not have to play the entire game. Franklin's D was still riddled by injuries vs HC however as Brad Christiansen, Tony Hammond, and others did not play. Will these guys play this week? Let's hope so. While a shutout is nice... Henry County is no Oakland.

But does Oakland have a defense that can stop QB Matt Solima and company? Solima hasn't thrown an INT in these past two games but has connected 6 times in the endzone. Will the Rebel special teams get things started with a bang for a third week in a row?

Ahh, so much to talk about this week.

GO REBELS!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland lost a number of players to the new school, Siegel. So, 31 players is abouty right.

I predict Franklin will beat Oakland. Franklin has a very good team with plenty of speed with which they can score lots of points. Defense is pretty good too, but not as good as offense. Even though Franklin is 2-1, they scored plenty of points (33) in their loss to Lincoln County. When you score 33 points, you're suppose to win.

fromthetop2, thanks for the vote of confidence but I would say that Oakland will pose a bit of a challenge. It will be an interesting one to watch. I'll just say not to worry about Henry County which says enough.

I guess everyone's concerned about Riverdale/Lincoln County but this one has the potential to be a great game as well. What's Oakland's D like? We have a great offense when we're clicking... can the Patriots stop that?

I'll take Franklin in this one. Franklin can score quickly from anywhere...and on anyone....and often. I don't think Oakland can score as easily as Franklin. Those Rebels are impressive. They were impressive in their loss to Lincoln County. Not many teams are going to score 33 points against Lincoln County. Oakland better prepare for a track meet.

Don't count oakland out. They have alot of speed too. They have a very good run defense, and their pass defense is no push over, espically with carlos back there. I am very confident in their ability to run through, over, and around Franklins defense. They have a very good offensive line and a very good fullback blocking for carlos. I am not taking anything away from a GOOD franklin team, but i think yall are underestimating this oakland team because of their week 1 loss to an AWESOME BA team. All and all, i think this will be a close game, with oakland winning by 7 to 10 points, depending on how their special teams plays.

I don't think anyone on Franklins TEAM is underestimating the Patriots. If you are reading into comments and opinions on this thread as to anyone underestimating Oakland, it is fans and folks from other teams.

I am sure the Rebels are taking nothing for granted, and are not overconfident. I am sure they will be prepared, and they know they will need to wrap up and be prepared for good Oakland Running game.

For those of us who aren't real familiar with the Patriots - how is their passing attack?