Top teams in the state?

CATS1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AA: Livingston Academy, Jackson County...Jackson County lost 4 starters, Livingston only lost 1, BUT JCHS returns Hensley and of course...Jim Brown. Both teams should be awesome this year. I look to see both at state again this year. Although I think LA will have somewhat of an edge over JCHS because theyre reloading. Of course, LA was reloading last year and made it farther than they had the past 3 years. Of course both teams have to face York before either can go anywhere. York will be tough. But, I think these two teams experience will pay off. York's time is coming though. Other teams I think to look for in AA are Oliver Springs, McMinn Central...And, well...I'm pickin them as the top 4 in state...Although it's a shame that LA, JCHS, and MC can't all go to state...One has to stay at home. It should be an exciting year in AA.

AA: Livingston Academy, Jackson County...Jackson County lost 4 starters, Livingston only lost 1, BUT JCHS returns Hensley and of course...Jim Brown. Both teams should be awesome this year. I look to see both at state again this year. Although I think LA will have somewhat of an edge over JCHS because theyre reloading. Of course both teams have to face York before either can go anywhere. York will be tough. But, I think these two teams experience will pay off. York's time is coming though....

Jackson co. lost 3 starters. :angry: Don't over look Courtney Childress. Marrissa Hensley should be a Miss Basketball nominee. :) York returns B. Brown, Ross X 2, J Herron, and another quick guard ( don't remember the name). 7AA is loaded again this year. :D

It would appear that the gold ball will be in 7AA again.....13AA is much more balanced this year, and there appears to be no one who could compete with 7AA out of 14AA, 15AA, and 16AA. Your top 4 of LA, Jackson Co., McMinn, and Oliver Springs appears to be right on. As said before....until Jackson County is out, they are STILL the team to beat. I wonder what year we want be saying that? A silver ball would look good as a bookend to that other silver one 5 years ago, and surely Jim Brown is running out of trunk space. <_<

What about Seymour? Do they have any guard play to get it to the big girl inside...they could be a threat.

AA: Livingston Academy, Jackson County...Jackson County lost 4 starters, Livingston only lost 1, BUT JCHS returns Hensley and of course...Jim Brown. Both teams should be awesome this year. I look to see both at state again this year. Although I think LA will have somewhat of an edge over JCHS because theyre reloading. Of course, LA was reloading last year and made it farther than they had the past 3 years. Of course both teams have to face York before either can go anywhere. York will be tough. But, I think these two teams experience will pay off. York's time is coming though. Other teams I think to look for in AA are Oliver Springs, McMinn Central...And, well...I'm pickin them as the top 4 in state...

I read that Livingston Academy is playing at Oliver Springs Nov. 18. :) A Hall of Fame game that will have two of last years Miss Basketball finalists on the same floor. B) An early taste of the regular season that follows. :D

Hard to ignore Seymour in AA. They have all five starters back from a team that was in the state semi-finals. Dominant post presence in Johnson and a great coach in Randy Moore. Guard play is adequate but not great. Probably a really good guard away from being a legitimate state championship contender, but they are still really dangerous.

If OS gets the inside play from Wampler,Hackworth and Goins should be hard to stop,they just have to control the boards and OS will be hard to beat, Hall has already signed and has that distraction out of the way,so that should be a load off her mind and being the Senior leader along with Goins and Lankford it should be a great season for the lady Bobcats. GO LADY BOBCATS... ;)

Edited by BBALLTN