The Next Level

800trackmom

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackie needs to be in the low 19's right now and breaking into the 18's by state time. I am not sure that is going to happen!~ Like someone else said. it seems that our girls have "other" things on their minds and are not running like they are capable of running! :justwrestle:

I know what she is capable of but she is just to good at to many things. So everyone wants her to play their sport. If she only had one or two things to do and could stay focussed and enjoyed it there is no telling what she could do.

AMEN!!!!!! These kids who play two or three sports MUST be willing to put in the extra time and effort that it takes to excel at two sports. That may mean practicing both in one day. Though that may be a little tough and may take some time, I still contend that that is still easier than going out and getting a job like many kids have to do. There are a few of the guys that practice two sports on the same day, and that is the reason that these guys will get better. If JP wants to excel at two sports, then she must RUN and SHOOT every day. Will it happen????? :D

I agree with MustangRunning that Jackie is so good at so many things that every coach at Bradley would love to have her (except maybe wrestling). I believe being very good at something can be like a curse. If you are absolutely terrible, then you know to quit. If you're just ok, well then you just keep on being ok. If you are elite, then you know to keep on doing what your doing cause it's working. Being very good means you need to do something different to become elite but what do you do? I'm not sure that athletes today can be elite in more than one sport and still keep their grades up and have any type of normal life. I know there are exceptions but most concentrate on one sport. And if there is one thing I do know for sure, those girls are going to find a way to have a social life. Jackie is an awesome runner and I have no doubt she could run low 18's IF she devoted herself to running, but then basketball might suffer or her grades might suffer. I, personally, would love to see her run in the 18's and I truly believe that one day I will, maybe not this year, but certainly by her senior year. :angry: