Blackman v. Smrna

JohnnyC

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck happened out there tonight???????????? That was not the Blackman that was susposed to show up for this one.... I think what Smyrna did by saying Wolke was hurt was smart becuase i know Blackman let its guard down. We didn't play worth anything. I'm really sick and tried of wasting my 5$ every week just to watch them lose. Here at Blackman we will not be satisfied with an ave. season we expect greatness, nothing less than that. We expect to be in the playoffs every year... Well way things are going you can forget playoffs, what do you think teams like Gallatin, Oakland, and Riverdale will do to us when we play them? Thats two more region losses right there. I'm just sooooooo disapointed in the Blaze right now. You guys havn't even won a home game yet. You came out there and laid an egg. I'm just to upset right now to say anymore for a while. I'll see you guys around i think i'll retire from Coach-t for awhile... :D

one thing i will never understand as long as i live: blackman can give defending state champs a scare, but they can't play well against a team they have beat every year since they were an eligible team. their inconsistency is what kills them, and i must say, it kills their fans too. hey guys, go out there and show everyone what us fans know you have! smyrna, congratualtions, i'm sure you played your hearts out last night.

stumpman=fans making noise yes-bands making noise no. By the way, don't you PLAY with 11 not 12. 12th man can play at halftime!!!

The band are fans too!!! There are bands in college who do the same thing!

The fans,the band the home atmosphere they are all the 12th man it is a figure of speech get out of your hole and learn a little!

For the first time in my history on coacht i simply dont know what to say. I know this is a late response but i have had a rather busy weekend. It seems like the Blaze play better when they are underdogs, i dont know how to explain it.

GWAVE1--are you trying to say that our fans were loud? I was at the front of the student section leading on maybe 20-30 students that were actually cheering. I was one of the few that was cheering the whole night. To me our fans are dead this year. I mean me and my friends took the time out to make shakers thinking everyone else was going to cheer and it would help add to the noise. Well that was about the only noise i heard were our 8 shakers.

I dont know why Bret isnt starting. Dawson if you ever read this. Dont get discouraged, you are a young kid with some upside. You have some growing to do thats all. Like P said we are use to winning and will settle for nothing less. I heard something on tv today that i enjoyed, it was a quote like "you cant win a game by yourself, but you sure can loose one." Work hard and get better. I do think Bret has a better arm and he has been in the system for 4 years.

Congrats Bulldogs. There is nothing i can say to take away from your convincing win. Good luck the rest of the season.

Blackman, come on now the season is not over yet. We have a tough stretch of games coming ahead just buckle down and play hard.

No I wasn't saying that the fans were loud. In fact most of the ones near me were not cheering at all. However they were intensely watching the game and making comments to each other after plays. The loudest anyone got was the big hit put on Johnson and maybe after the last big run by Meredith. I thought that the sticks with the bulldogs tied to them added to the flavor too. For such a new school I guess I was taken back by the fan support. Just hope that ya'll travel well....Gallatin will be in force come Friday night.

Well here's my take on the Smyrna game. The coaches put on an unpresidented gameplan against the Bruins! In my opinion the Bulldogs were pretty much the same team! My question is why change from a great scheme? It worked brilliantly against the defending state champs! They went back to the same defense that we used against Lincoln Co. It definitely didn't cut it against the Falcons so what made them think it would against the Bulldogs? I said early in the spring I hated that defense, now I hope "EVERYONE" (hint,hint) knows why! I said it before and i'll say it again, the 53 is what they should be running!!! Our LB's would be very good in it! With that said Smyrna had a good gameplan! 10 sometimes almost 11 in the box! They dared us to throw the ball! Nothing fancy just smart planning! I think if we used the same gameplan on offense as we did against Brentwood with the screens and stuff it would have been a better result! They were sending the house every play! Our O-line is decent but 6 against 10 will always lose the battle in the trenches! If I remember right we ran the screen twice?As far as the QB situation goes it's anyones guess?? I love the Dawson kid very much! He's one of those kids that has heart and will go the extra mile to accomplish what ever is asked of him from a coach! But unless there is a big difference in abilities I say you always give the Senior the nod and let his actions on the field decide who should be starting! He's paid his dues coming up the ranks! Not to mention the stress and presure you are putting on a sophomore not only on the field but in school! BlazeP I understand your young and losing is very frustrating given our early success, but ranting and raving isn't the way a true fan reacts to your team losing! Have faith, I told you it will get better as the year goes on! Trust me, we'll be in there fighting for a playoff spot if everyone doesn't give up on our boys! ;)

Keep the FAITH!!

Slim589