Lewis County 27 Hickman County 0

donhaney

In what is shaping up to be a very quite season, the Lewis County Panthers ran their record to 5-0 tonight with a 27-0 shutout of Hickman County. This might indeed be the least fanfare for a 5-0 start that I have seen in a long time as the Panthers are just going about their business in a very methodical manner and seem to be improving each week.

The defense is really beginning to impress as they held the Bulldogs to 89 total yards this evening. Defensive secondary doing much better, line play is strong. Panthers played without senior linebacker Jimbo Dodson (toe) and senior tackle Kyle Runnions (rotator) but never missed a beat. Hickman County never threatned in this game. Coach Spivey has really got the defense looking much crisper.

Panthers are turning more and more to junior fullback Marcus Booker who had 32 carries last week for 150+ yards and 25 this week for 124 yards. With teams trying to take away the outside, Coach Sharp is content to control the ball and clock with the inside ground game which Hickman County never stopped.

Another good example of old fashioned football... strong ground game, tough defense and superb kicking game. Nick Skelton had a punt return for a score tonight. Kicker Carlos Juvera was a big plus again and kick coverage was exceptional. Another nice performance.

Panthers travel to Loretto next week in a key region matchup.

Lewis co, is sick. I went to this game.

Lewis Co., is as good as anyone in the state at AA. I think that Tyner is AA, tyner could give them problems.

My advice to Hohenwald is to coast throught the rest of the season. Ya'll have proved the last 2-3 years that you are at least an 8-2, 9-1, 10-0 in the regualar season, I WANT to see ya'll turn it up during the playoffs, that is where the college scouts are, I hope ya'll win all the games ya'll play.

Don Haney, thank you for the report.

Lewis County gets another breather next week against Loretto. Then lookout, boys! Cheatham County and Fairview will be tough opponents.

Everyone is dismissing Fairview, but their only loss was to Hillwood. Cheatham County has moved down, and I believe this will be a new opponent for the Panthers.

Guest 4th&goal
Don Haney, thank you for the report.

Lewis County gets another breather next week against Loretto. Then lookout, boys! Cheatham County and Fairview will be tough opponents.

Everyone is dismissing Fairview, but their only loss was to Hillwood. Cheatham County has moved down, and I believe this will be a new opponent for the Panthers.

Actually, Fairview lost to Westmoreland 35-8.

Plus, Lewis County and Loretto is never a breather for either team, no matter the records. The two teams will now play their 55th straight year. Current records available to me has the series starting in 1949. I have always thought this was one of the strangest continuous rivalries in the state since they are more than 50 miles apart!

Loretto will always be tough at home.... Fairview has a good team but I like the offense they run against our defense... Cheatham County is very similar in their scheme although they have more talent...

Intersting second half in region 5-AA, to say the least.

By the way Stan, seems like officials from the Clarksville area always have a sore spot with us? Last week against Giles County, we had 1 penalty all night for 5 yards. Against Hickman County, we had 7 in he first quarter for 70 yards? Wound up with 15 for the night for 125 yards while Hickman County had 4 for 30... Funny thing is the very large referee spoke openly in front of us at halftime about how his men, "did such a good job throwing all them flags on that opening drive and got some control of this game."

Lewis County had a touchdown nullified, a 49 yard pass nullified and 178 yards of offense called back. I don't usually say too much about officials except when one is incompetent and the head linesman in the game was incompentent. Knowing the rules should be a requirement for officiating...

Case in point, we throw a fade down the sidelines, we see the flaf fly for motion on us, the pass comes down field and their corner tackles our reciever with the ball in the air... the head linesman is trying to throw his backup flag but can't find it. Our guy is mauled but.... he catches the ball. The goofy head linesman then explains that the interferance penalty is negated because we caught the ball? So isntead of offsetting penalties, we get sent back five for motion and the interferance is wiped away by an official who absolutely does not know the rules.

Misinterpretation, not seeing something, seeing something wrong... those things happen but sheer incompetance is inexcusable, like that really matters... HA

Okay, I forgot the Fairview-Westmoreland game, but I haven't forgotten how bad Loretto is. To quote the Big Tuna, "You are what your record says you are!"

Donny Brook, have you coached a NFL team to a super bowl? Don't go telling me that Parcells doesn't know what he is talking about. Keep bad-mouthing refs who work for gas money and a free hot dog at halftime, but don't tell me that records don't count!

If Lewis County loses to Loretto, I will come streak at the Panther's homecoming. The only way Lewis County can lose to Loretto is if Coach Blunt suits up the middle school and gives the high school team the night off. Yeah, I know how good the middle school team is, but I ain't go to risk a streaking on the Raiders taking the place of the Panthers.

Are you following what I am saying Donny Brook?

Those refs were just terrible. The catch Nick made that he pretty much got tackled on before the ball got there was beautiful and I don't know how it wasn't pass interference. There was a lady sitting behind me and she figured out why the refs kept throwing their flags, she said and I quote "You just like the way it feels coming out." lol I agree with Don though, Loretto's record isn't good but they always play us hard. A few years ago they were 3-6 playing us in the last game of the season and they came out and pretty much shut our offense down. I don't think they'll do that this year but they will put up a fight like always. As I've said since basketball season, they are our rivals and rivalry games are always good. Hey Don do you know who has more wins in the LC/Loretto series? :P

Goldendude:

I have the Loretto/Lewis County series totals here in the house, it's just a matter of locating them.... I will try and find it and post them here.

But, I do have your other request:

Booker: 105 (538)

Sharp: 39 (342)

Colley: 15 (73)

Skelton: 11 (56)

Cramer: 18 (48)

Chapin: 8 (47)

Edwards: 9 (39)