Independence High- Williamson County

CoachT

Independence High School is a Williamson County High School that will open in the fall of 2004 with 9th and 10th grade students. Coaches interested in all teaching/coaching positions are invited to contact us throughout the year. We will be actively seeking a football coach during October and November. Please send a cover letter and resume to:

Marilyn Webb

Principal, Independence High School

c/o Ravenwood High School

1724 Wilson Pike

Brentwood, TN 37027

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine District 11-AAA for all sports but football and then region 6-5A for football. However, the rezoning might bump Franklin, Centennial, and Independence all down to 4A for a bit which would be a nightmare come the next reclassification period.

They also hired their AD and boy's basketball coach this week. It was in the Williamson AM but I can't remember the guy's name. He graduated from Franklin then played at David Lipscomb... nope, still can't remember it.

• 2 weeks later...

No decision as of yet on who will become the new head coach for football. However, rumors prevail as to who has interviewed and applied for the position.

This job will be a highly sought after job. My guess is they will name someone after the playoffs are over with.

The talent pool in the area is tremendous, plus your in a good school district.

:blink:

Aydelott? Why would he go from sucess at HHS to a new school... I wouldn't. It'll be interesting to see. Something says if Palmers name is indeed out there, he'll get it.

Coach Aydelott would take a pay cut to leave Metro schools to go to Williamson County. Of course, it would be a nice new school and probably a better teaching environment than he is in now (building, facility, etc.) but I just don't see him taking a program that won't play varsity for two years and give up Tenure and seniority in Metro. It may happen, but I don't think so! One thing is for sure, if he applies and wants the job, he will probably get it! He's a class act and a great coach.

Why would Coach Palmer want the job at the new school? Isn't he near retirement age? I thought he left Franklin to get out of being a head coach? Eubanks knows the kids and he would be a natural choice, but in two years when they're playing a varsity schedule (4A) he may lack the experience and will need some "on-the-job" training (I don't know anything about his coaching background)?

On the other hand, I can see why Aydelott might consider the position if he wanted to retire in Williamson County. He's younger than me (I think) and he's got lots of coaching left in him before he thinks about retiring!

Edited by ELA

IF Aydelott does get the job...why not leave metro? What else can he do there?

At the new school he can build from the ground up and install his style of football and be at the 5A level! He could test to see if all his success can work at the 5A level. Personally, I think it could. Mainly, for the same reasons ELA mention in his post about Aydelott. the downside: leaving a well established program for a new 5A program.

As for Palmer, I think he would like one more round at the head coach level. The past two seasons as an OC at Page may have refueled his desire to be a head coach again and establish his brand of football with a new program. Downside: Did not get the AD job at Independence.

Coach Eubanks, a young talented coach with great abilities to spark the kids and get them playing great football. He has no experience as a head coach in high school, but he has coached at the high school level. Mainly, all the kids that will be at Independence will be former players he had at Heritage Middle school. Down side: No head coaching experience at the Varsity level nor coaching experience at the 5A level.

If the AD was to make a choice, between these three it would be a very difficult choice. However, those three names are the only ones that have been made known. The AD could go a total different direction. Maybe out of county, in-county, out of state???

As for Independence High (I-High), it will be a gorgeous looking school. Right off of 840 and it will look exactly like Ravenwood. Great access to Murfreesboro, Franklin, Nashville, etc. All the Interstates are located right there.

This is a job that a lot of people are striving to go after. The resumes are being retyped and passed on to the principal and AD. Who will get this one.....????

;)