Independence High- Williamson County

CoachT

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ELA, do you think that the Independence coach will come only from the County school system....have you heard of any outsiders that have a shot?

Shotgun it's not even someone who I thought applied for the job. It seems that you and I have passed each other at a few places. :blink:

Again, it blew my socks off because I thought this guy was real happy where he was! Maybe we'll bump into each other down the road...

Well this is why I need to renew my plus membership (I can after this week, thank God). It's not Aydelott. I've been thinking on this real hard today. It's a nearby county and it's a head coach that has a legacy to continue at IHS. The first name that comes to mind is Gary Rankin but I think that would be more than shocking. So then is it Alsup at Blackman (great coach, but does he have a "legacy" yet?)? And Marty wouldn't abandon Oakland right yet would he? But besides the Boro since it's not Davidson County, I can't think of any nearby counties that have some great coaches. I might just be drawing blanks though.

Well this is why I need to renew my plus membership (I can after this week, thank God). It's not Aydelott. I've been thinking on this real hard today. It's a nearby county and it's a head coach that has a legacy to continue at IHS. The first name that comes to mind is Gary Rankin but I think that would be more than shocking. So then is it Alsup at Blackman (great coach, but does he have a "legacy" yet?)? And Marty wouldn't abandon Oakland right yet would he? But besides the Boro since it's not Davidson County, I can't think of any nearby counties that have some great coaches. I might just be drawing blanks though.

Nope! :blink:

So it must be someone not on the 5A level. Hmmm... well they need to just make the freakin' announcement! :blink: This is killing me b/c all of my thoughts have been shot down. I guess that's why this will be a shocker.

The man has been a winner at every stop. He'll have a year to get his program up and running before it counts!

Someone talked about an out of county coach with a legacy. They talk about Marty at Oakland.Good coach .One state championship appearance. The Marshall connection. ONE APPERANCE in the state championship.David Alsup three appearances at Oakland.I think he has his legacy,but he is in his last few years of coaching.He's not going to move.

My sources inside Marshall County say that Mac McCurry is staying at Marshall County. I know that he was approached personally and denies that he is taking the Independence job. He is supposed to appear on a local TV station tonight and highlight whats going on in the offseason and talk about the latest and greatest of Marshall County Tiger Football.

I hope my sources are correct.

Keep on guessing ...................

The latest word, I heard is that Independence will not hire anyone until Mid to late February. Pretty strange, due to the fact they will play a JV / Freshmen schedule and most of the local schools already have their schedules for these teams filled. How are they going to put together a schedule with no teams to play?

Starting to make me wonder if this principal and AD know what they are doing?

:D:o