If You Can't Beat 'Em

CherokeeChief

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you truly feel you have been done an injustice, then why not call the Times and speak to the reporter and make a statement - ending this once and for all.

At this point, I know you could care less- I do believe what you did at the River Park Course was NOT intended to be "pacing". Although I do understand how other coaches or spectators might have conceived it to be.

Cotton is the President of the league- he is in charge, and in that position he did what anyone else would do. If it had been another Coach in charge and they received complaints from other schools of this nature they too would have done the same thing. They would have no choice.

Only you and your runners know the Truth- You have a great bunch of guys- a little "cocky", but with their title they have every right to be. They have worked very hard for what they have. If I personally have offended you I am sorry. I just feel Cotton has been given a "bum wrap" the same as you believe you have! I know I said I wouldnt post anymore, and I probably won't- this past week has opened my eyes to what this board is all about, a bunch of bored people that likes to stir up trouble. I am also advising my son to PLEASE not post anymore, or even READ the posts for that matter. It doesn't contribute anything positive.

Edited by peacemaker

Peacemaker, I was glad when I first saw that you posted (kinda missed ya) but now I'm sorry that you won't be anymore. I'll be the first to admit it, yes I am cocky and I am bored ALOT. I don't really mean to start any trouble or anything but this sport does get BORING and I like to spice it up some.. C ya at Optimist.

That's just it. Nothing was done, except go to the press and complain. I don't think any other coach would have done the same thing. For what it's worth, I'm glad you're back posting too, and I hope you continue to do so. You have well thought out and valued opinions. What the Bradley coach did and continues to do is not right, in any shape or form. I know the position you are in having a son running at Bradley. I'm not in that position. He's out of line. The Daily Fish Wrap is out of line. That's all I'm saying.

OK here is my two cents worth.

I am sure that cherokechief knows the rules. I do not know if what he did was pacing I did not see it but we all get wrapped up in our kids running and want to yell for them while they run (I can’t keep up or I would probably do the same thing LOL). If he did pace he is not the first coach to do that and will not be the last. I know of a few other coaches that have done it and they did not end up getting called a cheater in the Chattanooga paper. I would be mad if the same happened to me. There is a right and a wrong way to deal with that. I would have pulled that coach to the side one on one and said hey bla bla bla this is the rule don’t do that any more not go calling him a cheater in the paper then throwing the remark in the next weeks paper (the rules are posted in the coaches tent) that was not needed.

Edited by MustangRunning

I know I said I wouldnt post anymore, and I probably won't- 

I am also advising my son to PLEASE not post anymore, or even READ the posts for that matter.

:( Please don't stop posting on here I enjoy hearing what you and Caleb have to say I also feel things may have gotten a little out of hand but we are all still friends on here (I hope) and you can contribute a great many things to this board

Also if you stop I will just have to call ya’ll every day and tell you what is says till I make you go mad LOL

:D

Edited by MustangRunning