Lincoln County vs. Cookeville

mojo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left at halftime. Cookeville got lucky on their only score. Lincoln would be killing Cookeville, but their o-line is doing a terrible job of pass blocking and QB has already been sacked several times. THe running game looks tremendous, they need to stay the running game for the rest of the season. THeir passing game wont take them far. #13 and #28 were quite impressive running..

Lincoln county can pass the ball very well they were so out of sink tonight..thanks to the horrible refs at cookeville...LC won big but the refs made the game tacky...The team never settled down and got going tonight...They played well at times there were so many penalties..Terrible..This seem to be a big thing in cookeville with the refs.....

I will give Lincoln CO. credit they are a great team and will have a shot of winning the state but to run up the score in the last 30 seconds against cookeville that is already over at 34-7 is CLASSLESS. Final 41 -7

I figured someone would be on here complaining that Lincoln County ran the score up. Let me set the record straight, it was Cookeville's first defense against LC's second offensive line and third team tailback when the last TD was scored. I have heard Bobby Bowden say many times, "If your first team D can't stop my second and third team O, then that is your problem, not mine". If the Falcons had passed the ball down the field, that would be one thing, but the plays were all off tackle handoffs to the second and third team tailbacks. Look back and see how many times you have seen James Staton's name mentioned in previous posts about Lincoln County, he is the one who scored the last TD. Congrats to you James, you have worked hard and should be rewarded for your effort. I thought the game was rather close, considering the refs couldn't correctly mark off a penalty or let a play be run before they realized the chains had been moved 10 yards down the field and it was the wrong down and then half to call both coaches to midfield for a 10 minute conference to determine that they were going to go two plays back and start over. What a joke!!!! I can't confirm it, but I didn't hear any gunshots fired, so I assume everyone's dogs survived the game as well. :D

Lincoln county can pass the ball very well they were so out of sink tonight..thanks to the horrible refs at cookeville...LC won big but the refs made the game tacky...The team never settled down and got going tonight...They played well at times there were so many penalties..Terrible..This seem to be a big thing in cookeville with the refs.....

Well, considering LC had 12 penalties for 110 yards and Cookeville had 117 yards in total offense, what does that tell you?

I will give Lincoln CO. credit they are a great team and will have a shot of winning the state but to run up the score in the last 30 seconds against cookeville that is already over at 34-7 is CLASSLESS. Final 41  -7

Well, I knew this was coming, L.C. scored the last td with the third string tailback in the game, and before that, it was the backup in running the ball for a few plays.

L.C. scored the on their last drive, running just basic plays, a couple of toss sweeps, and a straight handoff up the middle, to a 130lb. tailback for the score. It wasn't like we were throwing the bomb, or anything like that, the plays were nothing fancy, and should have been stopped, easily.

The way the game went as far as penalites went (12 for 110 yards) it could have been much worse than it was and having 2 tds. called back, and also fumbling the ball on the Cookeville 1, yes, it could have been much worse than it was.

L.C. finished the night with 469 total yards on offense compared to 117 for Cookeville. Josh Gregory had 162 yards on 26 carries and 3 rushing tds., and left the game mid-way through the fourth qt. with an ankle injury, he also caught 2 passes for 62 yards and 1 td.

Michael Edmiston had a good night rushing the ball with 13 carries for 181 yards and had one run of about 50 yards for a td. called back on a penalty. It was kinda funny, it seemed like everytime we had a big gain there was a yellow hanky lying on the field after the play. Passing the ball Michael was 3 of 11 for 92 yards and 1 td. What was more funny was after we completed a 12 yard pass for a first down much to my suprise, there was a flag lying on the field., but the only problem was the chain gang had already moved the chains down to the spot of the tackle and after a long conference by the refs, it was moved back to what was thought to be the original line of scrimmage, which just happened to be 3 yards further back than it was to begin with. The play started on the 46 but, after it was moved back after another play, it was put on the 43.

In retrospect, yeah, we might have should have just taken a knee there at the end, but, if your first defense can't stop the third string tailback with the second string line in there then that's pretty bad.

And by the way there were 45.5 seconds left in the game when we scored that last td., not 30.

After all these younger players practice all week and deserve the chance to get to play, and it's not fair to them to just come in and take a knee.

If that offended you Goalline, then I'm sorry, but, I guess that we should have been offended before the game, when we came in, and at halftime, when we left the pressbox and ran to the bathroom, and had some Cookeville fans yelling at the top of their lungs, Lincoln County stinks, and overated. And when we got there, we were told that they had no place for the visiting radio, so we had to share a booth with our coaches, and do the stats where we would have a place to sit down, while the broadcast was done outside in the middle of the Cookeville crowd, which by the way those fans, were very nice. And while we are venting, charging to park for the visiting team was kinda bad too. We have never charged anyone to park at L.C., maybe we should start, no one will refuse to pay, after just driving more than 100 miles to see the game that's for sure. :D

Edited by Falconstatman

I will give Lincoln CO. credit they are a great team and will have a shot of winning the state but to run up the score in the last 30 seconds against cookeville that is already over at 34-7 is CLASSLESS. Final 41  -7

Actually, my boy, you should have a talk with whoever called the Cavaliers' last play...4th and long on your side of the field and you go for it instead of punting! Had you punted the ball, the Falcons would have taken it on their side of the field and I'll bet you a dollar they would have run the clock out. Don't blame the Falcons...y'all shouldn't have tempted them!!! That was a stupid call and it cost you 7 more points!

Way to go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jabbo

as an outsider looking in I was quite disappointed. I traveled to Cookeville to see the game because I was interested in seeing Lincoln County. Yes the refs were terrible, but the o-line was awful at pass blocking and that is when they got most of their holding penalties. For the running game was spectacular. Dont even worry aobut passing for the rest of the season. You all have a great quarterback he just has slow decision making on the pass and the oline is good enough for that. It would of been nice to know how many sack yard cookeville had, b/c in the first half it seemed like they had several.

For Cookeville, you better get in the weight room. This is about as weak of an offensive line as I have seen in 3 A and up. Your d-line was pretty good with the pass rush. Your secondary owes the d-line a thank you for effecting the passing game or it could of been even uglier.

TO both teams good luck in the rest of the season.....

as an outsider looking in I was quite disappointed. I traveled to Cookeville to see the game because I was interested in seeing Lincoln County. Yes the refs were terrible, but the o-line was awful at pass blocking

mcneely06, you made me feel better....sorta. I had wanted to get to the game but couldn't. After reading your post, I don't feel so bad. I have seen LC once this season and their pass blocking was unbelieveable. Edmiston had "all day" to throw the ball. If he was rushed last night, that was a new experience for him.

There in no excuse for refs who are that bad. Bad refs can really stink up a game.

I also read that the visitors were charged to park. I try to get to a high school game every Friday night and I have not encountered that before. How common is it to charge the visitors to park?