Oakland 42, Blackman 19

Guest region4fan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

You are right, we control our own destiny. We could finish as high as first or simply stay home . No one to blame but ourselves. i think that the Oakland / Smyrna match-up is the biggest of the season though. I wish it wasn't on Halloween!

Guest region4fan

One more thing Toe Jam.... Not only did you say that Oakland was OK, but you called them "pretty sorry." Check this post as a reference............#396305. Big difference in saying some one is okay and then calling them pretty sorry, isn't it??

AND I did not say that MJ handed Riverdale their first region loss...read what I wrote....I said their LAST region loss. I will have you know that I do know about this region...specifically Oakland. My son played for OHS when they won the state. That was in 98. He was also on the team when they lost to Sevier Co in the semi's in 99.I have remained loyal to them ever since.

Edited by region4fan

First I will show you the posts you speak of. Then I will repsond to your nonsense.

Post #393133

I will have to say Mount Juliet by at least 10 on this one.  Lebanon always plays them hard, but I believe the Bears are out for blood after last years game when they were screwed by the refs on the "pass beyond the line of scrimmage" that cost the Bears the game.  Im sure Crawford will be requesting not to have that ref for this game, or any other game for that matter.

Is there any football talent making it to the varsity level at Mt. Juliet, or has there been in the past?  Historically, how good are the Mt. Juliet Middle School and Freshman football teams?

And I responded to this post as you have pointed out.

Post #379995

The Freshman team at MJ is scarce to say the least.  With possibly only 19 players, the freshman squad doesnt look hopeful.  As for any varsity level talent at MJ, it has been there for years.  The only problem is one person can't win games.  It takes a team full of heart and talent to win games.  I was told by a spectator that "Mount Juliet just doesn't have the 'want to' anymore".  As far as talent that has been in the past and in the present I'll start with 2000 which had several talented players:  Michael Bochette (R.I.P.),  Landon Larson, Josh King, Charles Shannon, Trey O'Neal, Shane Lee (who is serving in the middle east as we speak),  Adam Cates, Matt Johnson, and more from that year.  As far as 2001 when the Bears had 27 players:  Jason Sanders(but was injured throughout most of the season), Coche Tiger, Montez Greene, and a little man by the name of Heath Murphy (who had more heart than anyone I have seen play).  2002:  By all means Curtis Grah, Zac White, Zach King, Davey Burke and Chance Weatherford.  2003:  Most noticeably Chris Humes and Steven Whitehouse and that Simms character.  So have the Bears had talent in the past?  Yes.  Does that answer your question?

Post #379617

Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central is a hot rivalry between friends, former friends, and enemies.  No doubt that both teams despise the other.  Central, having 3 different head coaches in the 3 years of its existence, actually looks like the program has finally turned around.  Central comes extremely close to breaking the lose streak and beating Cumb. Co. but alas, loses by 3.  WC v Lebanon:  Excellent game for Central.  Central made the first strike going up 7-0 in the first quarter but late in the 2nd half while down 17-14 WCs QB fumbles in the endzone and Lebanon recovers for the TD to go up by 10.  Now, in my theory, if WC had just taken the safety and not given up the touchdown, WC would have won this contest 21-19.  But in all reality no one will ever know the outcome of this game if things had gone differently in the endzone.  But none the less a much improved Central team thus far. 

Mt. Juliet after a successful season making it to the playoffs in 2000 going 7-4, goes 1-9 after the split of the county to go to Wilson Central.  Only few months before spring practice is scheduled to begin for the upcoming season, highly respected coach Dan Winfree is fired for no particular reason from his coaching duties.  Bring in David Crawford.  Crawford who formerly was an assistant at Farragut High School in east TN and also at Maryville College brings in the no huddle (not the hurry up) offense.  Seeking success far better than the previous year, the Golden Bears, after a couple of close defeats, go, yet again, 1-9.  So for 2 years Mt. Juliet sees little, if any improvement in season record.  The 2-18 MJHS opens up this year to a very stormy night against Shelbyville.  Expecting a win, the Bears go down 21-0 early in the 1st quarter.  After a brief stint of hope and cutting the lead to 7 Mt. Juliet eventually falls to Shelbyville 40-21.  Now after a devastating defeat to Pearl-Cohn (34-7) the Golden Bears must hope for an extremely focused week of practice to prepare for Central.  Central looking like the better team may very well break the old 0-22 streak this week at dear Elzie Patton Stadium in Mt. Juliet.  However, Mt. Juliet, known for its ability to defeat Central in extreme conditions (27 players in 2001), may very well go to 3-20 for the past 3 years' seasons.  The defining factor in this game will most definitely be WHO WANTS THE WIN MORE???  Will it be the Golden Bears of Mount Juliet or the Wildcats of Wilson Central? 

Any thoughts and predictions on this game?

Post #396305

You actually believe Lebanon will win?  Here's the deal.  Let's go back to September 5, 2003.  Wilson Central vs. Lebanon.  Central was the better team.  Bar none.  I was there, I saw it with my own two eyes.  Who cares about the scoreboard and stats now?  Central should have won.  But, being a team prone to choking in the endzone (Chris Brown intercepted in 2001 by Michael Sanders), fumble in the endzone and give up six.  Now, here's my theory again.  Central instead goes down in the endzone to give up the safety.  Only 2 points given to Lebanon.  Score, 19-14 Lebanon.  Granted, though, Lebanon gets the ball.  I say Central would have stopped them as they were playing Lebanon well.  Central gets the ball back, and scores.  Score, 21-19.  At this point no one knows what would have happened next, but I am sure Central could have pulled this one off (I mean, come on, they are tired of losing).  Actual score at the end of the game, 24-21 Lebanon.  Lebanon got lucky and they know it.  But everyone knows it only takes one busted play to determine a game, and in this case it went Lebanon's way.

Now, Wilson Central travels to MJ.  Shutout/Blowout.  27-0 Mount Juliet.  Central says they play as good as the other team they are playing, and in that case they claim MJ is the worst team they play (actual words from a student in the football progam at Central).  And that is the reason they played bad is their argument/excuse.  My case is they go to Oakland the next week.  Let's look at this one for a second.  Oakland is an OK team this year.  Shutout/Blowout 34-0 Oakland.  Now, if this playing as good as the other team claim is true, then Oakland must be pretty sorry.  Other students claim that Central just had abad night at Mount Juliet.  Well, I guess they had a bad night at Oakland too.  REALITY CHECK:  Even good teams that have a bad night even end up scoring.  2 shutouts in a row?  Give me a break!  Central is not as good as Gladeville thinks they are.  When you get shutout, either A. You're really bad or B. The other team is really good.

Finally, Mount Juliet has hosted 10 quarters of shutouts.  Reminder: MJ shutout Pearl-Cohn in the last 2 quarters of play.  And has yet to be scored on.  Am I guaranteeing another shutout, no.  But I am saying that most likely, MJ will win this game, by a lot.  Lebanon could have lost to Central.  MJ didnt even come close to losing to Central.  But it's not up to us to decide who wins, it's up to the players.  God bless everyone, and may they all play injury free.  Good luck to both teams.  GO BEARS!!

;)

Now, starting with the first one. The difference about that reference to last year than the references I see you making on here is that I was pointing out a fault of the TSSAA official and that Crawford will most likely request not to have that ref, not to say that MJ is a better team than Lebanon this year as you claim that Oakland is a better team than anyone because they have beaten people in the past.

Onnnnnnnn to the second one. Once again, I only referred to the past because SOMEONE ASKED ME ABOUT THE PAST AND I WAS BEING POLITE AND ANSWERING THE QUESTION. YOU HAVE TAKEN THIS POST WAY OUT OF CONTEXT. (SOMETHING THEY HAVEN'T TAUGHT YOU AT OAKLAND YET).

Post #3. I only spoke of the past because I was giving the history of the WC MJ rivalry. I wasn't saying that MJ would be better because of this past, I was actually saying that WC was the better team, as it seemed after seeing the WC Lebanon game. Being as it was a young rivalry, I figured it would be easy to give everyone a background of what it was like. But for some reason, you think I am saying because of this past that MJ is the better team. HMMMMMMMMM.

4th and final post. ONCE AGAIN, YOU TOOK THIS POST WAY OUT OF CONTEXT. I NEVER SAID THAT I BELIEVE THAT OAKLAND WAS PRETTY SORRY. I WAS REFERRING TO THE STATEMENT A MEMBER OF THE WC FOOTBALL PROGRAM MADE THAT WC PLAYS AS GOOD AS THE TEAM THEY ARE PLAYING. I WAS POINTING OUT THAT IF THIS WERE TRUE THEN OAKLAND WOULD HAVE TO BE PRETTY SORRY FOR THIS TO HAPPEN IN REALITY. I WAS SHOOTING DOWN THE THEORY OF THIS PERSON. NOT OAKLAND. SO BEFORE YOU EXPLODE BECAUSE YOU SEE WHAT SEEMS TO BE A NEGATIVE REMARK ABOUT OAKLAND YOU NEED TO READ THE ENTIRE POST IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO SOME INVESTIGATING!

By the way, MJ STILL DID NOT GIVE RIVERDALE ITS LAST REGION LOSS A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, SO I STILL DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Once again, I am right and you are terribly mistaken. :justwrestle:

Guest region4fan

Look it doesn't matter what you were asked or what you were defending...you SAID THAT YOU NEVER talk about the past. I merely pointed out that that was not TRUE. You have discussed the past of MJ.I don't care about the where's , when's , or Why's. You were WRONG!! You discussed it!

Obviuosly you are not familiar with REGION 4 football. EVERYONE in Murfreesboro knows that the last REGION 4 team to beat Riverdale was MT Juliet. I am trying to give your team some credit....so take it and shut -up before you make yourself more foolish. You can verify what I said by looking at Riverdale's football website.

Not once have I ever said that Oakland is a better team than anyone. I have confidence in my boys. I will never pick against them . That may make me sound silly sometimes, but it is called LOYAL. And that I am.

Now in case you forgot, you came on this thread and started this ruckus....not me.

Edited by region4fan

Let's see here. Once again, people on this board LOVE to live in the past. It's the only thing you people can hold onto when your team starts to take a spill. I have never nor will I ever (unless asked about it) refer to the past of MJ, because trust me, MJ has had their seasons, just like every other football program. But with that aside, the only thing that ever really matters on this board is what is happening THIS SEASON, unless people are reminiscing (as we all love to do). But to refer to the past as to how "good" a team is THIS YEAR, is, as I have said before, inconceivable. And to say MJ is doing poorly is rediculous. MJ is 3-3 overall and 2-1 in their region. And as I ALSO have class, I wish all teams in TN good luck this year no matter what.

Once again, CONTEXT! You need to look this word up. Yes, I have talked about the past. If I were knocking people that talked about the past, I would lead a revolt against History Classes. I named kids that MJ has had and still has, BECAUSE SOMEONE ASKED. I mentioned the past seasons of MJ because I was giving an outline of what the WC MJ rivalry was since it was so young. The thing I DO have a problem with is people basing whether or not a team will be any good this year because of how good or bad they did last year or the years before. I have never posted anything like that about MJ. I have also never said anything about MJ beating Riverdale, so where you are getting this information that I said that, I am clueless. The next time you want to question my integrity and intelligence, you need to check yourself at the door and make sure you can back it up.

Once MORE, I am right and you are terribly mistaken. :P Have a nice day!

CONGRATS TO ALSUP FOR HIS TITLE, BUT THE GAME HAS PASSED HIM UP. IF U LOOK ON THE SIDELINES I DONT THINK HE'S CALLING THE SHOTS. BUT WHEN U CANT GET RIGHT PLAYERS ON THE FIELD OR GET LINED UP RIGHT WHO'S TO BLAME? AFTER HALFTIME WE MADE THE NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS AND U ALL DIDN'T. WHO'S JOB IS THAT? I'M JUST MAKING A STATEMENT RIGHT OR WRONG THATS THE WAY I SEE IT. IT DOESN'T MAKE HIM A BAD PERSON OR ANY OF THE OTHER COACHES. THEY JUST GOT OUT COACHED. GOOD LUCK W/ LEBANON, WE NEED IT AGAINST RIVERDALE

sorry if i hit too close to home.

I'm glad someone else was at the same game I was at friday night!

Guest region4fan

Thanks for the back up Oland. I haven't seen you on in ages. I refuse to waste any more of my time on toejam. I think he has his name cause his foot is always in his mouth. Get it, his toe is jammed in his mouth to shut him up .

Thanks for the back up Oland. I haven't seen you on in ages. I refuse to waste any more of my time on toejam. I think he has his name cause his foot is always in his mouth. Get it, his toe is jammed in his mouth to shut him up .

Ahahahaha, now we want to make fun of people's names huh? Go back to 3rd grade. I chose this name because I thought it would be funny. But you think I put my feet in my mouth? I am not even that flexible. :lol:

By the way, just curious, if you're such an Oakland fan, why would your avatar be the mascot of a rival region 4 school in Lavergne??? Just an observation.